Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM

Default Anyone using Pitch N Time for LE?

Hi,

Running PT 7.1 w/ Music Production Toolkit on a 002 and Tiger 10.4.8

I'm looking for a way to have not only the audio files processed in PnT, but also the automation (volume and f/x primarily...and having the markers move too would be great). I seem to always decide to change the tempo of my work DURING the mix...and I understand that the Digi Audiosuite architecture doesn't allow for the processing of automation. Would the upgrade to 7.3 (which would allow me to use PnT with the TC/E tool, instead of Audiosuite) solve my problem? Having the audio `shrink' without bringing all of my automation doesn't really work for me.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Anyone using Pitch N Time for LE?

Anyone????
Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 PM

I'm pretty sure you would need to go to 7.4, convert the whole thing to elastic audio, then change the session tempo.
Using PnT would be very messy if you had a lot of edits. Might sound better though.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:01 AM

Hi,

I don't think I'm entirely clear on what you're trying to do, so please expand a little on it if possible. But as the previous poster said, it seems like you will want to have 7.4 with elastic audio. Setting the audio tracks to tick will make them change with tempo automatically. And BTW, elastic audio sounds very good.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Hi,

I don't think I'm entirely clear on what you're trying to do, so please expand a little on it if possible. But as the previous poster said, it seems like you will want to have 7.4 with elastic audio. Setting the audio tracks to tick will make them change with tempo automatically. And BTW, elastic audio sounds very good.
A perfect example is needing all of the volume automation that I have created, as well as reverb send/mute automation for a keyboard track. After all of my audio waveforms for the entire session...(well, actually only the active regions and playlists that I have `on top' within my session) have been processed with PnT, I have to now go in and manually move all of the breakpoints, or somehow scale the automation to MATCH my NEW waveform. Having to do this to several layers of automation on a majority of my tracks will be a huge task.

I have tried to simply run my bounced mix through PnT as a stereo track, but the initial result was less than pleasant. I was only looking for a 5% increase in tempo, so that should be well within the logical boundaries of the plugin...right?????

I'm really trying to avoid the 7.4 upgrade, since I would also need to upgrade my os from 10.4.8, and everything else seems to be ok.

Thanks again,
Old 02-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Looks like 7.4 it is (*!#$^*!!!)

The rest of my system is working fine! Upgrading my OS and jumping from 7.1.to 7.4 will surely be hell!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 PM

PT7.4 is quite awesome, both in LE and HD. I have (2) HD systems, both of which I've held off on upgrading to 7.4. One system is for live TV broadcast and I don't want to mess with what's not needed to mess with, and the other I'm in the middle of mixing a large concert back in my own studio. However, I've worked with 7.4 here and the Elastic Audio is incredibly cool!!!!!!