Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 09:44 PM

Default NIN Venue System

Well it seems that Venue has killed the beginning of at least ONE live show so far:
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/reviews/critics/mmx-g5u1smhfp.7may08,0,6801001.story?coll=mmx-critics_heds
Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: NIN Venue System

That article said the venue's sound system failed which leads me to believe that it wasn't the "Venue" that failed. Of course the person who wrote it might not be able to make such a distinction. It did sound like the monitors were still working though which might indicate that the "Venue" was in fact the only thing actually working.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 AM

Nowhere in the article does it mention Digidesign hardware at all.
Is NIN even using a Venue?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Is NIN even using a Venue?
Yeah, NIN is using the Venue and you can see it if you check out the video for "The Hand That Feeds" on their website.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:00 PM

NIN are using Venue for FOH and Stage. Nowhere in the article did I read anything about "Venue" failing. It did mention that the "venue's " sound system failed. could be amps, breakers, cables and yes, Venue - but venue wouldn't be the first thing I'd suspect in this situation.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
NIN are using Venue for FOH and Stage. Nowhere in the article did I read anything about "Venue" failing. It did mention that the "venue's " sound system failed. could be amps, breakers, cables and yes, Venue - but venue wouldn't be the first thing I'd suspect in this situation.
Someone from another forum was at the show, and wandered over to where the console was. he said there was alot of running around the console. From what he could tell, the problem was the Venue.

www.markhensley.tv
Old 05-11-2005, 04:01 PM

I've watched a Venue completely powercycle it's cpu w/ out losing any signal. Computer off - no problem. Also with the dual snake system you can completely lose one of your snakes and it automatically switches over to the other without losing any signal. I wasn't close enough at the NIN show to see if they were running dual snakes - but I assume they are. That being said - as I understand it - the only thing that can completely nuke a Venue is losing power, both snakes or the physical connections to the I/O - all of which can happen on any console.

I'm not a live sound guy and I wasn't there at the show - but again I wouldn't assume it was the venue. I'm sure people would be running around any board if the PA completey craps out.

just my .02 - maybe the NIN sound guys will check back in sometime and clarify.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:05 PM

The original review said that all that was audible to the audience was lead vocals. I was not there, I do not know. But if this is true, it sounds to me like it was operator error, not the console.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:57 AM

Quote:
The original review said that all that was audible to the audience was lead vocals. I was not there, I do not know. But if this is true, it sounds to me like it was operator error, not the console.
or stage power
have lost stage power during several live shows
Old 05-20-2005, 07:14 PM

Maybe this was where the "V" for venue came into context?

Quote:
If the point of this tour playing small venues is to remind those lucky enough to score tickets what a formidable force the band remains, mission accomplished.

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"