Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Default Selecting a small portion of a track at the point of the cursor

Hello ALL,

Is it possible to just select a small portion of a track for edit at the point of the cursor/selector tool and not having to start from the beginning or ending of a bar/measure or minute designator/separator.

I'm getting irritating Pops and Clicks and I want to edit them out. It is very time consuming to try to just isolate and select the pop/click when seemingly having to start track selection from either the beginning or ending of the bar/measure or minute desiginator/separator.

Really hoping someone can help with this, and with the prevention of getting the irritating pops/clicks if possible and known.

Thanks much, and have a great day!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:56 PM

Default Re: *** Selecting a small portion of a track at the point of the cursor

Sounds like you're in grid mode. Top left corner. Click slip and see what happens.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:45 PM

Default Re: *** Selecting a small portion of a track at the point of the cursor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Sounds like you're in grid mode. Top left corner. Click slip and see what happens.
Hey CME,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if I'm in Grid Mode, I'm in whatever the default is for v8.0.3, but if there is such a thing and it's self-explanatory, then you're probably correct, so I will take your suggestion and hope for the best.

I do appreciate your assistance, as I'm still a novice with PT and it can be overwhelming at times.

Thanks again, CME, and have a great day! :)