Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Default Problem recording guitar

I have my guitar hooked up properly and I can hear it in my headphones and the meter is registering it fine, but when I record it doesnt pick up anything. Any ideas?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Problem recording guitar

Hi lblanks14,

This is probably a silly question, but do you have the guitar track enabled for recording? You need to select each track to "enabled" on the left, as well as hit the main recording button at the top of Pro Tools SE.

A screenshot might be helpful of when you're recording, and not recording, showing the meter moving and not.

Cheers.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em3xus View Post
Hi lblanks14,

This is probably a silly question, but do you have the guitar track enabled for recording? You need to select each track to "enabled" on the left, as well as hit the main recording button at the top of Pro Tools SE.

A screenshot might be helpful of when you're recording, and not recording, showing the meter moving and not.

Cheers.
That would be the only thing I could think of. But if you dont arm a track to record and you hit record a pop up message tells you that no tracks are enabled to record.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 AM

Are you seeing transients being recorded? If you are, I have heard that you may need to hit 'save' before trying to listen back at a replay. My pc / pro tools acts quircky sometimes. If the level is not set perfect, I get nothing to play back. I'm only operating on 3gb of ram, may need more. You may need more ram also.
I love my pro tools, but I also have Audacity for simple audio recordings only.
It does not have all the bells and whistles but its free and is never quircky.
Hope you get it figured out.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Default Me too

Hi all, my first post here.
In fact I came here for exactly the same problem. I have a Yamaha APX500ii plugged into an M-Audio MobilePre. I also have a mike plugged into it which registers in ProTools fine and I can record. But no luck with the guitar.

I can hear the guitar when I hit the "Direct Bypass" button so I know the MobilePre is functioning. And I know how to arm the track and record for vocals in Protools, but the guitar signal never shows up.

Anyway, I'll start a new thread if this is too different, but I wanted to document a similar problem as the OP.

Thanks for any clues.

C.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Avid

Question Re: Problem recording guitar

Are you using Audio or Instrument Tracks?

Check out the following knowledge base article:
Can't get Pro Tools to record a guitar or other instrument
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 AM

Make sure your channel is set to mono 2.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:32 AM

i got the same problem. what i did was i plugged my acoustic guitar and i used the audio track, with mono, and nothing came out. previously i did the same using my microphone but it was ok. however i used the stereo option for the audio track it worked, but stereo means the recorded guitar sound is only on one side right? help please? thanks. :)