Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2009, 07:42 PM

Default "audio engine plays starup deadline was missed" message in pt 8

thats it , i have protools 8 and At any time without reason this message goes out , and after , "a increase the buffer zize" , message and also "problem detectect with the world clock " i have a amd dual , 4 gigas of ram , asus ati video card , asus m2n sli mother board , what happens ,
Old 01-18-2009, 12:23 AM

Default Re: "audio engine plays starup deadline was missed" message in pt 8

Start by reading through the following:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=229936

Then use the search function to read through any of the other 2,630,705 threads on this very subject..

Then, if you are still having problems, try reading through: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=133039

By the time you finish reading all of this, and trying out the various suggestions, there may be an easy, (and fixable), answer.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Start by reading through the following:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=229936

Then use the search function to read through any of the other 2,630,705 threads on this very subject..

Then, if you are still having problems, try reading through: http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=133039

By the time you finish reading all of this, and trying out the various suggestions, there may be an easy, (and fixable), answer.

Peace!
I think that pretty much sums up that there are, in fact, no worthwhile answers don't you? I have the same problem, MBox 2 pro, pro tools 8, Core 2 duo, asus p5k, 4 gig ram, texas insts firewire, dedicated internal audio drive, xp service pack 2 and have spent a total of over 40 hours trawling those 2,630,705 threads each with equal failure to draw a meaningful pointer to the problem.

Bottom line is this, the software/hardware combinations should work out of the box - period. If these things are so sensitive to system specifics its high time digi had a tool on the site that will check those specifics, pc wizard can do it, sandra can do it, why can't they?

I don't mean to sound 'agravated' or rude, but I think there are lots of us out here who are simply not getting answers no matter how long we trawl the board. The DUC should be a place of meanningful support, its beginning to feel like a technophiles playground. Are we artistic creators or computer analysts? Please point me to the "I'm a music maker, don't know squat about computers, nor do I want to ... now how do I make this thing work" thread.

Rant over, back to being a computer analyst.

Glenn
Old 05-30-2009, 10:28 AM

Digi needs to chime in and get this resolved. I'm getting sick and tired of this error. I think we should bump this thread everyday until they address it.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 AM

I agree entirely.

My issue is that I cant even start play in an empty session. The little test session that plays a 1khz tone just sits there staring at me making the odd peep.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:04 PM

This is typical of trying to record to the system drive, but we have little usable info about your rig so it's hard to say.....
There WERE some problems with PT 8/AMD processors.
In any event, please post a Sandra report so we can maybe shed some light here.
BTW, Digi can't test and guarantee every possible combination, there's just too many possibilities. Work out of the box? Follow their recommendations to the letter. (I have two rigs (002r/Mbox) both running PT8/cs2 without so much as a hiccup.)
Old 05-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longview View Post
(snip)

Rant over, back to being a computer analyst.

Glenn

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you.. I have had multiple rants going about the shortcomings of PT8. Some people have it working, but only some. From what I am reading both here and in the HD threads not too many people are happy with v8.

I use PT for songwriting and getting demo quality songs done for myself and friends.. the same a most folks in the LE threads.. I have read in one of the HD threads that Digi responded to some complaints by saying that some things were fixed, but they kept adding things to fix to the list, thereby delaying the CS release. It wasn't clear whether or not this was for HD only, or if it was across the board.

I find it absolutely mind-numbing that something as basic as the play button does not work properly 100% of the time. I mean, come on. One of the loudest chest-thumpings that Digi did was over their midi capabilities.. and to quote a certain anemic television host... "How's that workin for ya?" People are approaching the click track with dread..

Through it all we are told, We are aware of this issue and your concerns are at the forefront of our efforts!

Another thing I keep hearing is that one of the main problems is that they have to keep PT backwards compatible.. Why? Create a whole new pogram with NEW code, one that actually performs as advertised and sell that. Then Digi or any third party in the world, (maybe Shan and his mates), can create conversion software to upgrade older files for folks wanting be able to do so.

I have spent a lot of money buying PT and its associated hardware/plugs/etc.... only to be frustrated to no end and with an apparent lack of response by the Digi higher-ups.. (I will not disparage nor malign the techs.. these guys and gals have been great).

At the end of the day PTLE v8 just does not work as advertised for a LOT of people. A lot of people are going to leave digi over this.. I am waiting for Pesonus' Studio One myself, but have picked up the latest version of Reaper in the meantime. PT is still the best for some things, but with this kind of service, they won't be for long.. There are a bunch of hungry companies out there looking for new business and eager to please.

Maybe, hopefully, Digi will find it's way around V8 like Ford did the Edsel, and Microsoft did with Win95. Time will tell.

Rant over.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
This is typical of trying to record to the system drive, but we have little usable info about your rig so it's hard to say.....
There WERE some problems with PT 8/AMD processors.
In any event, please post a Sandra report so we can maybe shed some light here.
BTW, Digi can't test and guarantee every possible combination, there's just too many possibilities. Work out of the box? Follow their recommendations to the letter. (I have two rigs (002r/Mbox) both running PT8/cs2 without so much as a hiccup.)

Well good for you !! Sadly, there are many, many, many people who don't have it working, and its been a problem with Pro Tools for as many years as I can remember, I've been in the recording business for over 30 years and I don't think any other software is as probleatic or bug ridden, funny how Steinberg, Cakewalk, IK etc etc etc seem to be able to cope with little trouble (not no trouble, but definately less than digi). So, Nach, you need to go and find this Sandra woman!

Glenn

Last edited by longview; 05-31-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: spelling!