Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2004, 08:23 AM

Default Pluggo and FCP HD

Anyone out there get these two to work together? Things were fine before installing the Final Cut Pro HD, but now at startup FCP hangs on the Audio Filter installation at Pluggo Bus Send.

Any thoughts?

G4, 933mHz; Digi 001; PTLE 6.4; OSX 10.3.3
Old 05-11-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Pluggo and FCP HD

same thing happened to me, so i dumped pluggo.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Pluggo and FCP HD

Hey,

I ended up solving the problem. It wasn't hard and I kept the pluggo for PT! Basically, it looks like some kind of issue with pluggo and reaktor FX (perhaps others as well) and the new FCP. I just created a folder on my desktop to remind me where the "component" files for these plugs go --- into Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components. When I want to start FCP, I just open this folder up, transfer the two problematic components into the desktop folder and Voila! problem solved! When you want to deal with the audio-only programs again, just replace the files.

I know it's an inelegant fix, but at least I can get both working. (Though no Reaktor FX and Pluggo in FCP...but that's minor in my opinion). At some point, they will probably be upgraded to deal with the issue (i hope), but in the meantime, this works.

One final issue: it looked for a while that it wouldn't work despite this fix, because it seemed to hang on "Profiling for RT Extreme" whatever that is, in just the same way it seemed to hang for Pluggo: Bus Send and Reaktor FX. however, patience paid off! (and it was the "wait 30 seconds" type of patience, not the "wait for 4 days" variety).

In any event, I hope that this helps anyone else out there with this issue.