Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 08:08 AM

Default Pro tools "Any Hardware" Clause

Hey i was wondering.....Avid says that with pro tools 9 you can use any hardware. so does that mean that you dont need digidesign hardware to get audio into the DAW? would i be able to use pro tools 9 with a tascam DM-3200 and not need any digidesign hardware? and would i be able to mix with it as my controller as well?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Pro tools "Any Hardware" Clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edacman View Post
Hey i was wondering.....Avid says that with pro tools 9 you can use any hardware. so does that mean that you dont need digidesign hardware to get audio into the DAW? would i be able to use pro tools 9 with a tascam DM-3200 and not need any digidesign hardware?
Exactly!
Quote:
and would i be able to mix with it as my controller as well?
I don't know the DM-3200, but if it works as a control surface supporting HUI, then yes!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:13 AM

As long as the audio interface is uses asio/CoreAudio, you can use it.. You might want to take a look here.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Hey i was wondering.....Avid says that with pro tools 9 you can use any hardware. so does that mean that you dont need digidesign hardware to get audio into the DAW? would i be able to use pro tools 9 with a tascam DM-3200 and not need any digidesign hardware? and would i be able to mix with it as my controller as well?
Well, since I, (and a few others) cannot get PT9 to start even with Digi hardware, it would be nice if it worked with something...
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!