Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2000, 09:47 AM

Default Metric Halo\'s Channel Strip?

I'm a new 001 user and just getting hip to the concept of plug-ins. On a very limited budget I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for what might be the best strategic approach for getting started and for complementing the included Digi audiosuite effects. I've been very interested in the Native Bundle II package and most recently Metric Halo Lab's Channel Strip. By the way this would be used for music production. Has anyone used or heard Channel Strip? How would it compare to Focusrite's d3 and d2 in terms of sound quality and usability. Thanks from Bill Miller in Vancouver!
Old 06-08-2000, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Metric Halo\'s Channel Strip?

Hi Bill,
I have used both the focusrite d3 and metric Halo Channel strip. I would have to say that the channel strip plug in is really great! It comes with everything like EQ comp/limit/gate/expander etc. As far as the EQ is concerned it sounds really really nice indeed! I think this would be a good plug in to buy!
Also the Channel strip allows you to turn on what you want when you want it to save processing power@

By the way you can go to Metric Halo online at http://www.mhlabs.com and download a demo! See get your self a demo to see how good it is!

Hope this helps!