Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Mbox Mini Lights up but "hardware not found"

TiKKo,

Interesting. Thank you for suggesting that. I tried just running Pro Tools in compatibility mode and no change.

I will try installing in compatibility mode asap. Will post here how this goes.

Thanks also for the tip on the .dpm files ...

Will get back,

sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiKkO View Post
Install as admin. I was freaking out about this myself at one point. my solution was to go through EVERY step as admin running in compatibility mode WIN XP Service Pack 2).
This means EVERYTHING as admin in compat mode. All installations should be done this way.
After that when its all ready, if you have a problem on the splashscreen after all this, erase the dpm file for every plug-in that it stalls on for the time being. Finally it wil be ready to go.
I almost through my whole computer (mbox and all) out the window before realizing this is what I had to do.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Was this ever resolved? i had the same issue two days ago. now my mbox three only show the power light, my comp cant find the hardware.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM

Never. I returned it.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchem890 View Post
Was this ever resolved? i had the same issue two days ago. now my mbox three only show the power light, my comp cant find the hardware.
I'm having the same problem with my Mbox Mini 3G on Win7 x64. Worked fine an hour ago. Now Windows won't detect the soundcard any more. It powers up on USB, but there is no reaction from Windows. I've tried different USB ports and tried power cycling the PC several times, even disconnecting all power, but nothing helped.

I'm running the latest drivers (1.0.6).
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM

I tried everything in this forum repeatedly and nothing worked. That includes upgrading from Vista to Windows 7.

Audio hardware seems very quirky. I returned the MBox like I said and purchased Presonus Firestudio Mobile, which works.

Suddenly it started going out. This is Firewire by the way. Anyway, I noticed concurrently that Java updater was set (don't recall assigning this setting) to check every day ... whenever I clicked OK, Firestudio Mobile would fail the following the computer restart.

Weird but true.

Steve
Old 08-10-2011, 03:27 AM

I tried the Mbox in a different computer with the same result. It looks like the sound card is dead after only a week's use.

I think I'm going to return it as well and not bother with Avid in the future.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 AM

That's what I did too, with the same result. If you don't actually need Pro Tools ... the Presonus I purchased was up and running in 20-30 minutes. It comes with a junior versions of Studio One, it costs $199 to upgrade it to handle VSTs. Sound is brilliant, everything works.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM

Hi...I Have This Problem....Do You Know Fix This?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Sad to say, the only way I could fix it was to return the Mbox and get a Presonus. Believe me, I tried everything on every forum post, FAQ, and reference file I could find. It was a huge PITA and the first time I ever had to return any hardware (I've probably had 25 computers over the years, never mind other various interfaces.) The Presonus was up and running in 20 minutes.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:07 PM

Hi...I Have This Problem...Do You Know Fix This?