Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 08:15 AM

Default MBox-PTLE-Factory Bundle ?\'s

i have a friend i am helping to buy an mbox on one of these ebay specials, just curious about the factory bundle that comes with some of these and vers. 6.7. does anyone know if there is an ilok required for these plugs? i assume so... but the people listing these are not clear on if an ilok is included, so if they have to xfer assets and all that it sounds like it could be a can o worms. any input?

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Avid

Default Re: MBox-PTLE-Factory Bundle ?\'s

An iLok is required, but the iLok comes with Factory bundle systems - it's preauthorized for the plug-ins that come in that bundle.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
An iLok is required, but the iLok comes with Factory bundle systems - it's preauthorized for the plug-ins that come in that bundle.
thanks, this is good to know. some of the people selling are not mentioning the ilok, which makes me think they are including it or may be trying to sell it separately, not knowing that is is required for the bundle to work.... just a hunch. who knows. we will be sure to ask in these cases so we know what we are getting into.

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 AM

Unless it's an authorised Pro Tools dealer you may not get what you pay for, be careful. Only Authorised Pro Tools dealers carry the warrenty and back up. I know I have been caught out with an ignition pack.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Unless it's an authorised Pro Tools dealer you may not get what you pay for, be careful. Only Authorised Pro Tools dealers carry the warrenty and back up. I know I have been caught out with an ignition pack.

thanks, really appreciate the advice. we are trying our best to be careful, entering this as a "you get what you pay for" type scenario. i personally am trying to steer her away from the extra bundle ones and just go for the plain ol' mbox deals with hopes of proper xfer of ownership and all that, worry about plugs later.