Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2021, 02:21 AM

Default How to activate Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.3 Subscription Bundle to iLOK Cloud Session?

Does anyone know how to do this?

I was aiming to evaluate the new version of Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.3 to see if any longstanding bugs were solved. I registered for the current Pro Tools Ultimate trial, but contrary to what is documented everywhere, I am not able to activate the trial license to my iLOK Cloud Session. Activation does seem to work for the bundled content (plugin bundle, HEAT, ...), but not for the Pro Tools Ultimate Subscription Bundle. I've tried everything, no luck.

Here are some links that state that it should be possible to activate to an iLOK Cloud Session, but I just can't get it to work.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/how_to/How-to-activate-license-to-the-iLok-cloud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0prY209ai4

Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2021, 03:58 AM

Default Re: How to activate Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.3 Subscription Bundle to iLOK Cloud Sessi

Try this: activate to your physical iLok and then move to the Cloud.

QAPLA!
Old 06-03-2021, 02:06 PM

Default Re: How to activate Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.3 Subscription Bundle to iLOK Cloud Sessi

It doesn't seem to work. When activating, I can't see the Cloud option, nor can I see my physically attached iLOK. Would it possible that I can no longer do this because I may have run another trial in the past? Maybe AVID only lets you run a trial once?
Old 06-03-2021, 03:48 PM

This might be worth a try:
Ilok license manager file menu: Close all cloud sessions.
Then "Open cloud session" (not shure of exact wording) in same file menu.
Fixed things for me at least once.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
It doesn't seem to work. When activating, I can't see the Cloud option, nor can I see my physically attached iLOK. Would it possible that I can no longer do this because I may have run another trial in the past? Maybe AVID only lets you run a trial once?
If you can't see the physical iLok, something is very wrong.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:17 PM

I can see the iLok, and it's registered to my account, but license manager won't let me activate to that location. I submitted a support ticket with Pace.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:37 AM

OK, I got a response from Pace. The reason this isn't working for me is that the iLok was used before for another trial license of Pro Tools. An iLok is only allowed to use a trial license one time. This is to prevent people from abusing free demo licenses, which makes sense. I guess I will have to contact AVID to reset it if I want to run a trial again.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:18 AM

Hello, can anyone help me out here?

I contacted Avid Support, but they replied as follows:
"Good day! I have check this with my colleagues and manager. But unfortunately, we have no access to manual reset the accounts on the Pro Tools Ultimate trials since it has its own automated system."

Is there really no way to reset the trial period, so I can test the new version before deciding on an upgrade?
Does this really mean that I will never in my life be able to trial Pro Tools again?
Old 07-13-2021, 09:12 PM

Based on the information stated in this thread, it sounds like you may need to get another iLok if want to use a trial. That doesn't sound fair but if it is the case, that may be your only option. An Ilok is about $45US so it won't be too painful.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 07-14-2021, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
Based on the information stated in this thread, it sounds like you may need to get another iLok if want to use a trial. That doesn't sound fair but if it is the case, that may be your only option. An Ilok is about $45US so it won't be too painful.
Should have a second iLok anyways as insurance for if/when the original goes down. A thought though - when an iLok license gets deposited to one's account it doesn't directly go to the physical iLok so Avid's system wouldn't know about it - you'd need a second iLok account (but they're free).

QAPLA!