Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2015, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Bounce to Disk: Stereo Track and Bounce is 2 Files?

I checked the session and it did NOT have interleaved checked. So I thought this was the issue. I checked interleaved and rebounced the track. I tried to pull the bounce to a new playlist on the same track and it still was wanting to put it on 2 tracks.

At this point I went ahead and gave up. I just created 2 new mono tracks and through the bounce on them.

Thanks,
Doug D.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:47 AM

Why not just create a stereo track and put the bounce there? Or Import After Bounce and just have it create a new stereo track?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-04-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Bruce

Brilliant! Thanks I was completely unaware of that.
That makes 2 of us. Thanks to Bruce for clearing that up!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
I checked the session and it did NOT have interleaved checked. So I thought this was the issue. I checked interleaved and rebounced the track. I tried to pull the bounce to a new playlist on the same track and it still was wanting to put it on 2 tracks.

At this point I went ahead and gave up. I just created 2 new mono tracks and through the bounce on them.

Thanks,
Doug D.
If I'm reading this correctly, you said you tried to pull the bounce to a playlist on the same track? If you try to add a stereo track to a mono track's playlist, it will split. You can set up a stereo track to add to a playlist and will stay stereo...at least that's how its always worked for me.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
The Interleaved option (New Session or Setup > Session) only affects imported or recorded (new) files, it does not affect bouncing. From pg1105 in the PT 11.3 Ref Guide:
Quote:
Enable the Interleaved option to ensure that all newly recorded or imported (and converted) stereo or greater-than-stereo multichannel files in the session will be interleaved audio files. For more information, see “Interleaved Multichannel and Multi-Mono Audio Files” on page 148.
I still think if you looked at your plug-ins on that track you'd find one that's mono/stereo which will make it look like a stereo track, but it's actually mono so only has room for 1 channel of your file. This is why it's splitting it and putting the R channel on the next track.

After you import your bounced file (with Interleave enabled), you can right+click it in Clips then Reveal In Finder to see it's just 1 (stereo) file.

As said in previous posts, you'll need to create a stereo track to put your bounced file on.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I still think if you looked at your plug-ins on that track you'd find one that's mono/stereo which will make it look like a stereo track, but it's actually mono so only has room for 1 channel of your file. This is why it's splitting it and putting the R channel on the next track.
Bingo! I do indeed have a mono/stereo plugin which "MAKES IT LOOK LIKE A STEREO" track. This must be why it hasn't worked the way I thought it should. Its not a stereo track, but it sure fooled me. What do I know... I'm just a wannabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
As said in previous posts, you'll need to create a stereo track to put your bounced file on.
Yea, I should had done it that way. Instead I just used 2 mono tracks for it and moved on already. In the future, I know what to do now.

Thanks,
Doug D.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Doug,

You asked the right questions, you stayed calm, and you acknowledged the information that solved your problem. Definitely not "wannabe" behavior.

Stay with it.

Best,
Peter
Gypsy: PT Ultimate 2019.5, 12-core Mac Pro 3.46Ghz 64GB OS 10.14.5, HD Native, HD OMNI, 2 Artist Mix, EUCON 18.3, Presonus 32R, Studio One 4.5.1, Quad Eight preamps, Neve 3201 EQs, 2 LA-4s, Malone Design Works desk

Laptop: 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2.8 Core i7, 16G, PT 19.5 Live 9

www.remotewest.com
@RemoteWest