Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 AM

Default bunch of errors 0x00000000

i just built a new system based off of the i7 builds and everything seems to be running fine, windows 7 is seeing all my hardware.

i recorded some music on my macbook with protools 9, but for some reason when i try to open the sessions in windows 7, i get errors/pro tools wont open the session. when i try to open the session i get this error in a dialog box:
"while translating audio settings"

when i click hardware in the drop down menu i get:
"there are no digidesign cards in the system"

and when i select playback engine i get:
"could not complete playback engine command because access violation occured, unable to write location: 0x00000000"

i used a motu 8pre for recording and for trying to get it to work in win7, and my computer is seeing my 8pre because i can access the 8pre setup application.

any ideas on what is happening? i have all the most recent drivers aswell my the 8pre.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Default Re: bunch of errors 0x00000000

You really need to read the "help us help you" and troubleshooting threads at the beginning of the forums before posting questions like this...

I don't want to seem a jerk, but you have posted essentially no relevant information about your system. Folks on here can hazard a guess, but that's all it will be.

Go through the troubleshooting threads, post a sandra and a (relatively), detailed explanation of what you have tried and we can go from there...

Good luck.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 PM

thank you, i appreciate the response. I realize i should have posted a sandra report but as i have no internet access at home (just moved on the 1st) i havnt been able to get one, i can get one hopefully by tomorrow. i guess with my question i was just seeing if anyone else has seen these errors before. but after a search, nothing really comes up.

i visited the motu forums and saw that a lot of the interfaces have been having issues and errors but noone seems to be using protools there.

EDIT: oh, and everything works peachy keen with my m-audio fast track pro, so it must be some sort of issue with PT 9, windows7, and Motu8pre.

PT9, osx snow leopard and MOTU 8pre is working flawlessly
Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 PM

I hate being without internet.. I'm such a geek these days..

If you can, print out the troubleshooting pages and use those. One area to look at specifically is to be sure to go in and MANUALLY set your RAM timings.. Don't use the auto feature. Get the model number off of you sticks and go to the manufacturing website and see where they say to run them for best performance.

If I understand your posts correctly, everything is working with the m-audio and not with MOTU.. I would say it's the MOTU. I've only ever had one MOTU product, and 8 channel mic pre that I bought from Ben Sneesby at Beez Neez mics.. He called it a boat anchor that barely sufficed for him to test some mics with.. I had it for about a week then sold it without ever plugging it in.. (made about $50 on the deal too ).

Ask around your area and see if you can find a presonus or something similar to try..

One last thing.. MAKE SURE that you have downloaded and installed the digi audio drivers for PT9.

Hope you get it going.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Possible solution (assumption):

Win 7 Professional
RME Fireface 800
PT 9.0.0

I had the same problem after working a while with projects in 192 kHz.
When I tried to open an older session in 48 kHz I got these errors on opening every session and backup. Scary!

I noticed that PT switches automaticly to my MBOX 2 driver and my Fireface switches automaticly to 192 kHz while opening a session.

My solution:

- set the samplerate again to the sessions setting manualy
- set the buffer size to the value with which you saved the session
or in my case 512 samples
- switch drivers in PT to Fireface (or your device)

I hope that helps!

@ Avid:
This was the worst error i had so far.
Please work on these things.
We all paid a lot of money.
Such a mayor error one day before deadline is no fun at all!!!!