Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 PM

Default can't download new 7.4 purchase

Hi,

Just purchased the 7.4 upgrade. Did the activation at http://digidesign.com/activation. Uninstalled 7.1, rebooted. Started the install and... the zip file that I downloaded was corrupted.

I tried to download it again but the instructions leave me in a circular loop. Activation site says my code has already been used and tells me to go to the store. Instructions at the store says to click on the link in my order history which, you guessed it, tells me to go to the activation site.

Where can I just get another download link?

Thanks,
Will
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 PM

Default Re: can't download new 7.4 purchase

sorry, just realized that the 7.4 item in my order history has a status of pending. Even though it already had me download an install file? Will I see a new download link once this goes from pending to complete?

new line in the install guide: 1a) make sure your downloaded zip is intact before you go uninstalling your previous version.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 AM

My order status now says "complete" but still I can't find a link. What am I missing?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM

Have you tried clicking on "View Order Details/Tracking Number"??

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkguitar View Post
Have you tried clicking on "View Order Details/Tracking Number"??
Thanks spk. Yup, I clicked it. In there, it tells me to go to the activation site to download it...

specifically, it says, in red: "Our product activation and download process has changed. Please read these instructions carefully!" and then the details of going to the activation site.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Avid

You should have had to create a MyDigi account during activation - you can sign into that account and see your download link.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM

called digi and they were super helpful.

The links in the store are the wrong links. Have to go to the regular site, then my digi, then registered downloads, then view all downloads. then, success!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You should have had to create a MyDigi account during activation - you can sign into that account and see your download link.
Thanks for the reply. There's a problem with the instructions on the site though. When you log into the store you see this link in the top right FAQs area that says Where do I find my downloads or authorization codes?

In there, first thing it says is "Go to "your account". that link takes you to your store account, not your normal site account. Next instruction says to do what spkguitar asked "On the resulting page under "Your Order History", click the "View Order Details/Tracking Number" link to the right of the order in question to view your order details along with your software downloads"

Clicking that tells you to go to the activation site and the loop begins. I'm just assuming this is new and the store's instructional text hasn't been updated.

I'm a web nerd (I buy digi goodies with money from my day job - building big ol websites but I don't use the digi site enough to know the difference between mydigi regular and mydigi store, you know? Some corrected links or clearer instructions would have helped me anyway.

Thanks
Will
Old 10-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Avid

Yeah, the instructions need to be updated - that info is correct for older purchases but do not apply to ones made after we changed to the new system.

They'll be fixed shortly and sorry for the trouble!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will the moor View Post
Thanks spk. Yup, I clicked it. In there, it tells me to go to the activation site to download it...

specifically, it says, in red: "Our product activation and download process has changed. Please read these instructions carefully!" and then the details of going to the activation site.
Aha! and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Yeah, the instructions need to be updated - that info is correct for older purchases but do not apply to ones made after we changed to the new system.
Aha!!!!!!!

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12