Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 AM

Default PT 9 - "Minimize additional I/O latency" PROBLEM

Dear PT users, I am using Scarlett 2i2 with PT9 on WIN 7 PROF (64bit). Everything is working perfectly apart from this small checkbox in Playback Engine "Minimize additional I/O latency". Each time I check it I get only clicks/pop heavy disturbed sound from my soundcard and no actual playback. I am recording at 48K sample rate with buffer lenght 4ms (this is what Focusrite panel's saying) and the input latency is 13,5, output 18,9. I was wondering if this feature "Minimize additional I/O latency" would help and if anyone can explain why I am experiencing this issue. Be glad for any clues. Regards.

Mac mini 2014; SSD 128; i5 2.6; 8GB; OS 10.13
Old 04-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Focusrite

Default Re: PT 9 - "Minimize additional I/O latency" PROBLEM

Hi elmodagansta,

I see you are having some problems with clicks and pops on your Focusrite 2i2.

We would be glad to assist you via our Contact Support page.

Generally I would recommend you set your ASIO Buffer in the Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Control Panel to 1.0ms as this will allow Pro Tools all the options of different Buffer Sizes in it's Playback Engine. Now you can select an appropriate Buffer Size without needing that check box.

If you are still experiencing Latency or Clicks and Pops please feel free to contact us directly so we can assist you.

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 AM

Default Re: PT 9 - "Minimize additional I/O latency" PROBLEM

Excuse me, I also use Pro Tools 9,(.0,.6), and I've never noticed the "small check box, "Minimize additional In/Out latency". Is it in the preferences section ?