Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Default How to get transport control with VCM600

Hey guys, I am finally up and running with PT 10. I am looking to use my VCM600 to control the transport and arm tracks for record VIA MIDI in PT. I would like to use the scroll on the VCM to scroll through the tracks and use MIDI notes on the VCM600 to play and arm tracks for fast punch in's/outs.

The VCM 600 does not have the ability to change the MIDI messaged they are hard wired. Am I able to map whatever incoming note/message to whatever command I would like in Pro Tools like Cubase/Ableton?

I have an Axiom 49 and I saw how to use preset 15 and enable it in Pro Tools but thats not really what I am after. Just curious if any of you had an idea how to map what I want in Pro Tools?

Thanks !
Michael