Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Default Guitar Pro 5?

Hello Guys,

Up till 2 days ago I have been using Guitar Pro 5 with religious fervour. I use it for lessons that I receive and also for songs I attempt to learn - and I've even used it to create songs and solo parts.

But 2 days ago the MIDI playback just stopped man - it just stopped! I went through all the usual suspects checking the audio panel to make sure it was audible (it was), checked that it was still using the Wavetable SW Synth (it was), using DirectSound and Primary Sound Driver, so as far as I can see it should be working. I even deleted and reinstalled the program, no dice .

Any other suggestions as to why it might've stopped? Should I bite the bullet and buy Guitar Pro 6? And more importantly, can I use all of my GP5 files with it? I tried the demo about a year ago and absolutely hated the look of it - but I'm getting deperate right about now!!!

HELP!!!!

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Guitar Pro 5?

Just an update: as I was desperate I downloaded a new demo of Guitar Pro 6, but, couldn't load any GP5 files - just great - so I tried playing back some "default" files and realised that it was using the "RSE" (Realistic sound Engine) which I absolutely can't stand. So I tried turning it off and playing it back and got no playback whatsoever. I just want the basic MIDI sounds!!!

What is wrong with my computer .

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 10-15-2011, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Guitar Pro 5?

No helpful replies eh ... you finally got sick of me

In any case after my grandfathers funeral, I finally sat down and tried to figure out what was wrong with the MIDI playback and after installing the demo of Guitar Pro 6 well ... it just started working again ... no rhyme or reason ... it just started man, it just started. I think the computer hates me .

It feels good to be back on deck again .

So, any news on the ERXP 11?

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP