Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 06-08-2021, 07:10 PM

Default Channel 1-2 Already assigned (path n/a)

I have used the same setup for a couple years now and this is the first ive run into this problem.

First, I use VCA's for my groups, so I have a VCA for Drums, VCA for Guitars, Vox, etc. This allows me an easier final mix ability.

Last night I pulled up one of my projects ive been working on and the drums VCA would not play. and the output assignment box was shadowed out. When I went to assign, I read the title thread message.

I had to duplicate the Drum VCA and then delete the original and then somehow it worked.
Now tonight I open the same project up and both the Drums VCA and the master fader are having output issues, being shadowed and both saying channel 1-2 already assigned when I go into the assignment path dropdown option. I can duplicate the master fader, delete the old, and the music(except drums) kick in. However the moment I actually assign the outputs to the channel 1-2, all the music drops out and I get nothing on playback form ANY VCA, not just the drums. I can repeat this process, duplicate, delete the original and get sound back again, but I cant figure out why I cant get the Drums VCA too work any longer. It seems there is an output glitch in this project. Every other project I have, I open and verify, has the same assigned paths, and plays just fine.

I checked around and cant find anyone who has had this problem. Anyone seen this before? I'm in a jam with a band coming in this weekend to record.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 06-08-2021, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Channel 1-2 Already assigned (path n/a)

System info please. If you’re on Windows (you didn’t say) and Windoze grabs your interface as the “default sound device,” you’ll run into all kinds of problems with i/o routing and sample rate conflicts.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Channel 1-2 Already assigned (path n/a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
System info please. If you’re on Windows (you didn’t say) and Windoze grabs your interface as the “default sound device,” you’ll run into all kinds of problems with i/o routing and sample rate conflicts.
Sorry,

System DetailsEdit Value
Pro Tools 12 Perpetual(2021.3.1)
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
32GB Ram
Presonus Studiolive64.

I've always run windows though and never had an issue with this until yesterday.