Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 02-11-2000, 10:05 AM

Default use ver. 2.2 loose 74 min+/ no x6 x8 for 74+

I am outraged.... and yes it's true.

Digidesign, in their infinite wisdom, has purposely put a block on recording 74 min.+ CDR's in version 2.2 of Masterlist CD. This is got to be the stupidest thing they have EVER done. I can understand not supporting it, putting statements in the software like, "use this at your own risk", or "this feature is not suported by digi", but not allowing you to do it, after being able to do it for more than 2 years (that's how long I've been doing it without a single problem, literally 500+ 74+ min CDR's burned) is a slap in the face to every Masterlist CD customer!

I was told by technical support that they put in the block for "liability reasons". YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! You mean it still works in x6 and x8 mode??

Recording over 74 min. is the ONLY thing that made Masterlist stand out from Toast and the other CD recording programs (Toast can also edit subcodes, read digi files, and play over your monitors) and EVERY CD I master is more than 74 min. purposely to keep the bootlegers from easily copying our titles. (they won't spend the money for the 80 min. CDR's)

The ONLY system that now will even ALLOW (they also support it) you to record more than 74 min is the Sonic Solution system. I just can't believe that after being Digidesign ZELOT (almost as much being a MAC zelot) for more than 10 years (was a original sound tools user with an external AD IN box) that I am going to be FORCED to buy a Sonic system! I HAVE to record CDR’s 74+ min.

They had better come out with a 2.2.1 quick that has a "warning" instead of a "block" or they are going to loose a LOT of customers VERY fast.

I just CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!

If anyone has a Hack for this, a beta, or anthing else like this PLEASE reply.

Please also post with similar views!