Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Default Re: PT HD Now Compatible with Leopard...

Thanks, noticed the asterisk just a moment before your post.

It's like Update Whac-A-Mole. I know it's nothing new, but an OS update on the very same day is just funny.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 PM

I have been running 7.4.1 and 10.5.2 - ALL DAY.

No abnormalities. Although, there are "known issues" according to digi...

Those issues did not happen in a VERY dense recording and editing session - lasting 14 hours today.

So I am fine - I'll report back if I encounter anything out of the ordinary.

PS - Although - this version has NOT been qualified compatible for G5 and Other intel PCS other than 'harpertown' I feel that I must stress that I have seen version qualified by digi which were far worse than this version is... I really really like 7.4
Old 02-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:

PS - Although - this version has NOT been qualified compatible for G5 and Other intel PCS other than 'harpertown' I feel that I must stress that I have seen version qualified by digi which were far worse than this version is... I really really like 7.4
What is your hardware platform, please? Are you aware of any G5 successes?

John Caldwell
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Hi 25ghosts,

Can you be more specific about the 20% of waves diamond working on 10.5 ?
I'm using a lot C4, does it work ? And what about altiverb if you use it.
thanks a lot.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:29 PM

"I have been running 7.4.1 and 10.5.2 - ALL DAY. "

Same here although I am running M-Powered (yes I know this is the TDM forum).

15" Macbook Pro R 2.6 i7 Quad/16GB RAM/OS X 10.10.5
27" iMac 2.8 i7 Quad/16GB RAM/OS X 10.10.5
Studio One 3/Reason 8/Live 9/Logic Pro 9/Main Stage 3
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 PM

HD|3 Accell - Dual G5 2.3 GHZ cards situated in the Mac PCI slots. Leopard 10.5.2 and PT 7.4.1
PT LE 7.4.1 - Dual Core MacBook Pro 2.16 GHZ and Digi003

I have ONE issue after running updates or installing plugs....

After above procedure I have to delete all preferences and databases... But I had those problems running Tiger as well...

If I dont do this, when launching sessions sometimes PT will stop responding when opening the session....

However, after deleting prefs + etc.. all is smooth sailing... No roughness at my studio - my cat is roaring like it should be...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:02 AM

Sure - Here's a list of the plugs that do run -- of the diamond bundle

C4 5.2
L3 5.2
L3 5.3
L3-16_1.0.bundle
LinEQ 5.2
LinEQ 5.3
LinMB 5.2
LinMB 5.3
Morphoder 5.2
Morphoder Synths
RVerb 5.2
SoundShifter 5.2
SSLChannel 1.2
SSLComp 1.2
SSLEQ 1.1
SSLLib 1.1
TransX 5.2
Tune 1.1

THe rest would run too if it would not be for ilok...

But I am quite confident that waves has this up and running in a few weeks.. I dont like waves too much - so it aint no problem for me...

Actually - it was great for me that the plugs did not run on Leopard. That gave me time to explore all my other great plugs.. From McDSP, Eventide and TC Electronics.... Latter's MD3 is the most stunning limiter that I have EVER heard... Imagine getting a NON audible gain reduction of 6 DB.... ---- These days are gone... The TC Limiter will do just that... IF you set it right you can sit and toggle that bypass button forever - but you wont hear the 6 or db of peak limiting... :.-)))) Puppa love it....
Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:

But I am quite confident that waves has this up and running in a few weeks.. I dont like waves too much - so it aint no problem for me...
Actually - it was great for me that the plugs did not run on Leopard. That gave me time to explore all my other great plugs.. From McDSP, Eventide and TC Electronics.... Latter's MD3 is the most stunning limiter that I have EVER heard... Imagine getting a NON audible gain reduction of 6 DB.... ---- These days are gone... The TC Limiter will do just that... IF you set it right you can sit and toggle that bypass button forever - but you wont hear the 6 or db of peak limiting... :.-)))) Puppa love it....
You are posting here sometimes such a bull, if you don´t like Waves too much, then i don´t understand, why you have approximately 8.000 € in your plug-in folder. That makes no sense, i guess you are still reseting your demo period.

With all your plug-in developers mentioned above, there are indeed issues.
Also, it seems you are definitely NOT using VI´s, nor you are doing post, otherwise you would not post your "Hey, I got it working" nonsense here since weeks.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
HD|3 Accell - Dual G5 2.3 GHZ cards situated in the Mac PCI slots. Leopard 10.5.2 and PT 7.4.1
PT LE 7.4.1 - Dual Core MacBook Pro 2.16 GHZ and Digi003
Thanks 25ghosts. Thanks too for you insight regarding plug compatabilities that a few folks had asked about in earlier responses. This sounds encouraging.

John-
Old 02-13-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
You are posting here sometimes such a bull, if you don´t like Waves too much, then i don´t understand, why you have approximately 8.000 € in your plug-in folder. That makes no sense, i guess you are still reseting your demo period.

While, my dear DoggyDawg, for some people; money is no problem for some it is. I have bought waves in the early days as I was practicing being a novice. I had no real clue of which TDM's to buy and waves seemed like a good "round" package. Today of course, I would not again - make the same mistake.

Also - suggesting that I have not paid for my product is in my vocabulary considered rude. My awareness of resetting demo periods was non existent - until you kindly rose the that level. I wonder - my dear - how you'd know.

You mention in such a kind way that my postings here are are bull. While my surroundings are calling for politeness instead of arrogance I find it hard to leave sitting in the shelf - especially when proletarian remarks are made...

My system is running just fine and we are doing everything with it... While it indeed seem that your system is not OK - let me suggest that you read the manual or call digidesign for help.

While you may think that my posts are useless - I make them for those who would care.

Ta Ta

PS -

since you are such and "fan" of my posts and know how much "bull" I am posting - funny, I find it, that it has slipped your attention that I have indeed been posting lots about the imposibilities of running running RTAS VI's in Protools...

I simply dont use PT for VI's - but Logic.

Does that settle your eager young mind for third person's motivations.