Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2010, 02:46 AM

Default CoreAudio stuck at 48 kHz after 8.1 update

Hello all,

We have just updated to PT HD 8.1. Ever since then, the Sample Rate in the HW Setup of the Digidesign CoreAudio Manager is stuck at 48 kHz. This was the option we had selected before updating to 8.1. Now, all the other Sample Rates cannot be selected (they appear in a grey tint making it impossible to click on and select them).

I don't know if this is a bug in the 8.1 version or an option that has to be changed somewhere. Anyway, thank you for you help!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 AM

Default Re: CoreAudio stuck at 48 kHz after 8.1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive-K View Post
Hello all,

We have just updated to PT HD 8.1. Ever since then, the Sample Rate in the HW Setup of the Digidesign CoreAudio Manager is stuck at 48 kHz. This was the option we had selected before updating to 8.1. Now, all the other Sample Rates cannot be selected (they appear in a grey tint making it impossible to click on and select them).

I don't know if this is a bug in the 8.1 version or an option that has to be changed somewhere. Anyway, thank you for you help!
Hi,

Have you been into the AMS (audio midi setup) and tried to change it from there?

Make sure all apps are closed before trying to change the frequency

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM

Hello again,

I've tried to switch sample rates into the AMS while all applications were closed. Doing so didn't affect what is going on in the CoreAudio Manager.

Once I've selected the new Sample Rate into the AMS and I re-open it, it goes back to 48 kHz and the selection remains impossible via CoreAudio manager.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 AM

Hello everyone,

Just posting this to let you know that we have found a temporary solution. We figured out that if we opened Logic Audio and chose another Sample Rate from there it affected the CoreAudio Manager and the frequency there was changed as well.

If a better solution comes along let us know, we will as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:01 AM

Damn got the same problem, but do not run logic.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 AM

I've run into this as well. The last time, I was able to fix it by trashing the following preference file: com.digidesign.CoreAudioManager.plist
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 AM

Hello,

Digidesign advised us to delete the com.digidesign.coreaudiomanager.plist and com.apple.audiomidisetup.plist preferences and then restart the system. This worked but the same problem has come back ever since a week ago and doing the same thing hasn't solved anything... The Logic solution still seems to work.

I've been trying to get some online help from digi but the new system with codes is not helping and impossible to figure out... So we'll see...

Have a nice day!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Avid

The Core Audio Manager sample rate is determined by the host application that's using it - you would change the sample rate in the application.

If you want to change it in CAM, make sure that there are no applications using it - the CAM window should show '0' clients attached.

Also, are you possibly clocked to an external source set to 48k? If so, you'll need to change that clock source to the sample rate you want, or swith CAM to 'internal' clock.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 AM

We have already tried switching the CAM sample rate when no applications are running and we have 0 clients connected. The problem remains the same. Our external clock is already set to the sample rate that we want: 48K. But the CAM is stuck on 44.1K and is already set to internal in the HW preferences. The other sample rates in the HW preferences of the CAM are grayed and unelectable and like I have said before, switching the sample rate from the Audio MIDI Setup isn't taken into account by the system.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rive-K View Post
We have already tried switching the CAM sample rate when no applications are running and we have 0 clients connected. The problem remains the same. Our external clock is already set to the sample rate that we want: 48K. But the CAM is stuck on 44.1K and is already set to internal in the HW preferences. The other sample rates in the HW preferences of the CAM are grayed and unelectable and like I have said before, switching the sample rate from the Audio MIDI Setup isn't taken into account by the system.
In your case - try trashing the specific Core Audio preferences indicated in one of the replies from the General Troubleshooting thread.