Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 AM

Default Downloader for Sandra Report

Just tried to download Sandra Report and my Antivirus (AVG - AntiVirus) blocked it and reported an attempt to install 2 trojan horse (generic). The downloader was Filehippo. Does anyone know which of the downloaders for free Sandra Report is safe? Thanks a bunch.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Downloader for Sandra Report

I haven't heard of any Sandra downloads that were unsafe. Can you set up an exception to the blocker?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Try using the site in this video. ( I haven't watched the video in a long time, but I assume he references the site he uses).

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=359978

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:41 AM

I have tried several of the sites that are listed and they all reported some type of nastiness. For example, benchmarkhq reports "the site ahead contains harmful programs" etc...
I am hesitant to bypass the advice from AVG and continue. I am having other problems (ProTools 12.7.1 won't run) and don't need additional problems such as a trojan. I am trying to comply with the community rules and provide a Sandra Report whenever I ask for help with the PT 12.7.1 problem. I just thought if anyone has downloaded Sandra recently, they could suggest a good one. You said you were not aware of a bad one. How long has it been since you downloaded Sandra? Thanks for your help.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM

I went back and reviewed the video and yes, I am trying the one that is referenced in the video. (among a few others) filehippo was referenced in the video and that was the first one i tried. I got "trojan detected and blocked".
I feel I am writing a thesis trying to resolve this. Sorry to be so long winded!!!!
Old 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Does this site give you a virus warning?

http://www.sisoftware.net/

I believe it is the official site. Even though it says "download and buy" I don't think you have to buy it.

I did see some Russian sites that looked kind of sketchy.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 PM

sisisoftware.net is a "reserved domain" and redirects to the page that has the same list I tried earlier. I honestly don't know what the "reserved domain" is. I have never seen that in all the years of using a PC.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:16 PM

Hmmm, when I click on the link I provided, I don't see anything about a reserved domain (I am using Google Chrome as my browser). In the upper right corner of the screen is a place to "download Sandra Lite".

Old 03-05-2017, 12:53 PM

False Positives. They happen. Anti Virus software is typically guessing much of the time whether something is "dangerous" or not and err on the side of caution. They will use file type to determine if the file is possibly dangerous if the settings are to tight (and that is a ridiculous method to use) File Hippo is a legit hosting site for software. They use that among others.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-05-2017, 01:02 PM

I resolved the problem. If I use the SOFTPEDIA mirror it installs without a hitch. Most of the others presented problems. I really don't understand why these websites have to try to violate your computer with their junk. Anyway, thanks very much for your help everyone. Now I can run the Sandra Report. (I hope)