How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM

Default C|24 Can't Properly Communicate with PowerMac G5

Hello all,

I'm a digi reseller, and I can't get this fellow's Powermac G5 to work the the C|24 he bought from us. What happens is the faders fight you as you try to move them. If you move them slowly, in small amounts, the fader will move in PTLE. If you move the faders in PTLE, it works perfectly - the C24 updates as it should.

If you flip the faders so that you can use the knobs to control the volume, it transmits perfectly, and the faders in PTLE move fine with the knob movements.

I have tried the C24 with my new Macbook Pro, and it works perfectly. However, he has a G4 Powerbook 1.5 Ghz that doesn't work either. We brought the C24 to work and hooked it up to our Intel Powermac and it worked fine.

We've tried different crossover cables, as well as using an ethernet hub with non-crossover cables - same problem.

He has a Powermac G5 7.2, 1.8Ghz running OSX Tiger 10.4.7 and Pro Tools LE 7.4 on a Digi002.

Has anyone else been able to get the C24 to work with this configuration? If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. He has purchased this C24 and has not been able to use it since he got it 6 months ago.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Default Re: C|24 Can't Properly Communicate with PowerMac G5

Wow, I've completely stumped everyone.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 AM

If you're a reseller, call up the Digi reseller tech support line. There's no point posting something like this on here, especially when the customer's in free support, and you're a reseller!

It sounds like you have fighting faders. TS should be able to sort that out.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Avid

Have you checked the network settings on his computers to see if anything there might be setup incorrectly? It should be set to use DHCP - maybe he's got some other protocol configured?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking View Post
If you're a reseller, call up the Digi reseller tech support line. There's no point posting something like this on here, especially when the customer's in free support, and you're a reseller!

It sounds like you have fighting faders. TS should be able to sort that out.

There is a point posting here because I'm trying to find out if anyone else with the same Mac has been able to get the C24 to work properly. The customer thinks his G5 Power Mac isn't compatible - not to mention, his G4 Powerbook doesn't work either.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Have you checked the network settings on his computers to see if anything there might be setup incorrectly? It should be set to use DHCP - maybe he's got some other protocol configured?
Yes, that's one of the first things I checked.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Avid

Does the computer and C|24 show proper IP addresses?

And, just to be sure, this is the C|24 and not the Control|24, correct?

Have you tried a reset of the C|24?