Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2008, 11:32 PM

Default Unable to install 7.4 more than once!

So, a little lack of planning on my part...

I bought an Mbox Mini from Guitar Center, which came with version 7.3, because Guitar Center is worthless. I knew this wouldn't work with Vista, which is what I was planning on using, but they said I would get a free 7.4 download once I registered the product.

I installed 7.4, and checked the box saying that I want to install DigiTranslator (I didn't realize at the time that it wasn't free), which caused an annoying popup asking me to provide a registration code for DigiTranslator when I opened up Pro Tools. Because of this, I went and uninstalled DigiTranslator by modifying Pro Tools through the "Uninstall Programs" function under the control panel.

Seemed to to the trick, but this time I opened up Pro Tools and it said that it couldn't locate the Digidesign hardware, and told me to connect it and click "OK". Well it was already connected, the green USB light was even on... I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it, still no luck. Tried restarting, etc, couldn't get past that prompt when I tried to run PT.

So I uninstalled Pro Tools, hoping that I could go for a clean install w/o DigiTranslator. Unfortunately, when I went back to try and get v7.4 again from the Digidesign website, it said that my authorization code was invalid. And I can't install PT off of the DVD that came with the Mbox Mini, because it's 7.3 and I'm running Vista. So now I have no usable software. What do I do now?!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Unable to install 7.4 more than once!

You mean you deleted the 7.4 setup program? If so, and you have to download again and the site won't let you, you'll have to call support to get that resolved.