Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2008, 05:10 PM

Default structure major problem....help!

I recently purchased the 'full' version of structure. Ive been happily using it for about 3 weeks..until...

last night, all good, this morning, I open the session, the first thing I notice is an error box. No message, simply the PT logo & a large exclamation mark, & an 'OK' button. (BTW, pressing OK does nothing) never seen this before!

the samples take forever to load, then the 'missing samples' dialog appears.

structure has frozen, I can't do anything with the patches, & now there are 2 of these error boxes on the screen.

this seems to be the case with every session where structure is used. In other words, structure is currently unusable.

have trashed prefs, repaired permissions, rebooted etc, no change.

can anyone help??

Macpro 2 x 2.66, 3Gb RAM, OS 10.4.8, PT 7.3.1 structure 1.01,
Old 03-04-2008, 05:28 PM

Default Re: structure major problem....help!

in reply to my own post - I'm now pretty sure it has to do with the expiry of my goliath library. I just figured out its been 30 days since I installed it!

I tested this by creating a new session, opening structure, & attempting to load a goliath patch. Then that error box appeared.

Other samples load ok.

why couldn't the developers simply come up with a 'demo expired' message?? Instead of freezing structure?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM

I have the same problem Mike! It's pretty annoying . Even more annoying is that in sessions that have Goliath patches in them the errors are so severe you cant even remove the patch from the session! I'm also having an issue with the browser freezing. It's to the point where I have to use the workspace browser to load patches/samples. Digi really goofed here and I have yet to hear anything about any CS updates to Structure...which is really frustrating. I'd be satisfied if they would even acknowledge the bugs and let us know that they're working on it, but I haven't even gotten that. If i didn't like Structure so much I'd return it. Digi, you guys are really doing an awesome instrument plug-in a massive disservice.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:41 PM

same problem. Big project where I tested the Goliath sunds. Now can't get into the session even. Have any of you found a work around?

If the session starts loading non goliath structure files you have time to catch it, but if structure starts loading the expired goliath files you're hosed.

Help! Big money! Don't wanna lose it

Richard
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 12-05-2008, 02:37 PM

Hi again

I've discovered a few things. If you wait, and by that I mean wait like fifteen plus minutes, eventually Goliath will let go enough to give you the ability to cancel the load and cancel the little exclamation points telling you you've sinned. You'll have to click about thirty or so of those exclamation points, moving each off the group of exclamation points and clicking okay. It takes a while but if you have a critical file, as I did, it's the only way to go.

In general I'd say just don't load the Goliath set. It isn't worth it, isn't worth the possible loss of sessions, the terror etc. If you DO load it and use it, be sure to dub the Structure Goliath files to audio tracks and erase the originals or change them to one of the free Goliath sounds that comes with Structure BEFORE the demo expires. Most of the usable sounds come in the free package.
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com