Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2013, 08:16 PM

Default Artist Mix Problem

About 3 years ago I purchased from Euphonix as it then was 2 x Artist Mix and 1 x Artist Controller. After just over a year one of the Mixes went haywire and I contacted Euphonix to repair at my cost as it was out of guarantee. I live in the Far East and they informed me that there was no way of doing this but they kindly agreed to replace it with a new one at half the cost!! Great customer support eh! I declined (throwing good money after bad etc)

When I discovered that Avid had bought the company I contacted them to see if it was possible to get the faulty mix fixed. They very kindly agreed to fix it for free and return it if I paid for the freight out. This I did and when it came back to my surprise they had replaced it with a new one. Great news!

However now after 6 months the mix has developed a problem that it keeps sending messages to Logic 9 to start recording without me touching anything in my studio. By a process of elimination I have deduced that it is definitely the mix causing the problem. Switch the mix off no problem even with the other two units working.

I tell the story to show that Avid can be a great supporter of its customers but also to grieve that the gear is so hit and miss.

Anyone else experienced this problem and can it be fixed?

Also what is the procedure to get the 3 units to work in Mackie/hui in Logic 9.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix Problem

Ive not heard of this before, do you have anything else connected to the router that the computer and the control surface are plugged into. If so try unplugging everything else, including the internet if thats there. Also try locking the control surface to the application in the eucon settings and see if that makes any difference. Post back with any findings.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix Problem

Thanks for the info but I have tried all that and it appears that the unit itself is faulty.

I've given up on these controllers as they are so problematic and now use an SSL Nucleus which runs without a hitch.