How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Default PT 10 HD Installation / Lion Installation

Hi,

I am about to install PT 10HD, currently running PT 9.0.5 HD, can you do a clean install (not an upgrade install) and not have to reinstall all plugins.

Also, should I do the OSX upgrade to Lion (from Snow Leopard) before or after the PT 10HD upgrade.

Thanks for any info,

Best,

JSR
Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Default Re: PT 10 HD Installation / Lion Installation

Hi there,

I'd strongly suggest a clean re-install. Update the OS via combo installers first. Repair Disk permissions. Then install PT. Repair disk permissions again. For some of your plug-ins you may be able to copy - paste from an old PT installation. Check plug in versions against the compatibility grid on the avid website.
Usually plug ins that use iLok licenses and do not require external content work after copy pasting them once you plug your iLok in.
Plug ins that require serials or challenge/response do usually require a clean re-install. That's the case for my IKMultimedia stuff for example.

Am running PT10 on Lion and no problems so far.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jan

AVID Certified Instructor