Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:35 PM

Default JBL LSR series

Does anyone own monitors from this series? I am interested in the Room Mode Calibration and I have read that it does work but would like to hear any other informed opinion. Do the monitors sound great without the calculator? I just hear the dynaudio BM5As and they sound fantastic. Do these compare?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: JBL LSR series

I've got the previous generation of 28P's - the ones with the carbon fiber front baffle. I love them. I find them very accurate and not too flattering like, say, the way the Genelec's are. Stuff translates extremely well. I have seen the room mode cal demo and it is very, very impressive. JBL just can't quite seem to get the advertising/publicity thing down very well and I think their sales suffer for it. I highly recommend the LSR's. (I even love the LSR25's almost as much as the 28's)
Old 12-02-2005, 08:19 PM

thanks for the post. I was actually looking at the 4328s that comes with the RMC. I dont really like the idea that they come with a remote control and that they have the controls on the front....these features are on no other monitors I know of, and I feel they take away from the slick look. But looks matter not if they sound great, and the RMC has got me feeling like I MUST have these monitors. Do you know if the 4300 series sound good similar(but of course not as good) as the big brothers?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:57 AM

Quote:
thanks for the post. I was actually looking at the 4328s that comes with the RMC. I dont really like the idea that they come with a remote control and that they have the controls on the front....these features are on no other monitors I know of, and I feel they take away from the slick look. But looks matter not if they sound great, and the RMC has got me feeling like I MUST have these monitors. Do you know if the 4300 series sound good similar(but of course not as good) as the big brothers?
i have the 6328Ps and i'll second the recommendation. they are very transparent
once dialed in. haven't heard the 43 series yet .. but word-of-mouth says they're
good ... front panel is a bit much .. RMC is a "set and forget" procedure unless
you move them or change the acoustic environment.

and speaking of RMC ... this is a great idea .. dedicate the better part of the day
to going through the calibration procedure, it will pay off.

jeff