Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 AM

Default SSD4 suddenly stopped opening at all on PT10 & 11

I was working on one new song session. Then suddenly I can't open the SSD4 at all. I mean that it opens normally to plugin chain. But I can't edit the plugin. If I click the SSD4 plugin.. it crashes the PT.
I even tried to remove DPM and AAX plugins from Plugin folder and re-install them. But doesn't help.
I haven't changed ANYTHING on my settings or anything.. just one evening this plugin didn't open at all.

Actually if I open this plugin on other track without samples loaded.. it works. And when I put few samples there now.. it works. But when I wan't to open this SAME PATCH/preset that I worked in that session.. it always crashes.
My god.. this never happened before. Anyone has the same problem??
The same problem in PT10.3.9 and in the latest version of PT11.

I even tried to make completely new blank session and open that SSD4 preset/patch.. but no. it crashes the PT. This is actually nightmare. I builded so perfect drum patch there on my new song and no I can't open it at all. As you know it's impossible to do the same patch.. cause you cant remember all the samples and volume/bleed levels etc

The weird thing is also that in that new session I can play SSD4 normally with that preset and right samples.. but I just can't EDIT the plugin now at all! This is so weird..

Do you have any advices?

PS. I even tried to change the Memory Guard setting from High to Off.. it doesn't help.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by JayRay; 10-30-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Default Re: SSD4 suddenly stopped opening at all on PT10 & 11

Okay I think that the problem is solved.. for now.
I found one preset that is almost the same as the new one was. So I saved it in SSD4 by saving in the actual plugin.. on the left "Save Kit".
And now I can open it without problems. But that one preset is still a big mystery why it doesn't open.
But I will shout again if the problem will come back :)