Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-10-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Programable Belkin N50 with PTLE

I saw a Command/8 the other day and looked pretty nice, but I think I could get along almost as well if I had more functions available with a "single" click on a mouse button. I think I remember reading a post where somebody was using a 10-key programable mouse with PTLE, which might be enough. I was wondering if anybody was doing this, or has tried it- is the idea any good? I would like to put a few functions with the touch of a single button, like edit window, mix window, play, stop, "~", F1, and a few others. If somebody is using this, how do you have your mouse setup.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Programable Mouse with PTLE

This software will let you program your mouse to keystrokes.

Oh no, not the sprinklers again.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:21 AM

I'll have to take a look at that software, but my current mouse only has the a "left" "right" and "scroll wheel."

I find that I use the keyboard shortcuts more often all the time, so I have been looking... and I think I found something... I would call it the Mini 10-Key Programmable PTLE Controller

Ok, its really a Belkin N50, but it can be used with your regular mouse and looks to be for the "left" hand, so it is used in conjunction with the mouse. The idea of 10 more buttons on my mouse really didn't appeal to me.

It set me back only $27 at Newegg and looks to be about what I am looking for. I should get it in a few days. I try it out and let ya'll know how it does the job!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:17 PM

Well, I got the N50 programable controller today and have been working with it. So far, looks to work well with PTLE and seems to be very powerful. It has many more functions than I thought.

First, it has 10 buttons, which can be programed with direct keys (Alt, Ctr, ect) or with Macros (Ctr-Shift + N). But it also has a round directional button for the thumb that can be programed with 8 separate keys or marcos. So to start off, I loaded the Ctr, Alt, Shift, Tab, Start/Stop (spacebar) and a few others in the 10 buttons, then used just 4 selections on the thumb "button" and used the horizontal zoom "out" and "in", then I set 2 more selections to "+" and "-" for nudging. It is all working well and is very comfortable. I think it will save me a lot of time.

But wait, there's more! Each of the buttons can be programmed at 4 different levels- the standard level, the red level, blue level and green level. You have to use one of the ten buttons to "toggel" to a different color level (which shows with a colored LED) and you can program new features for use, then toggel back to the original level. So actually, you have 18 programable selections for 4 different levels. I'll have to think about what to use all the options for, but for now I plan to keep it simple.