Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2021, 07:25 AM

Default What options with two S1's

Two months ago I purchased a Dock and an S1 for my rig. I'm still trying to get my arms around the best configuration for Master tablet, Hybrid, etc.

This week I added a second S1 and as a moderator had pointed out to me prior to the purchase it would enable me to span both S1's when looking at the plugin parameters and I see that now. The Dock and first S1 currently have iPad's; one is sitting on the first S1 and the other is on the Dock.

So I have two quick questions to you about what options I might have with the Dock and two S1's.

1) If I add another iPad for the new S1, would it be used for a meter bridge only or are there other display functions I could use it for? I ask because if it will be limited to a second meter bridge I don't need to spend $1,000 on it but oof it serves as another editing unit I would invest more.

2) I read in the documentation that there's an option to assign static IP's to these units. How do you feel about this? I do understand networking I'm just asking to see what community members typically do with similar setups.

Best...