How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Default Upgrade/iLok asset help

Hi all,

I know there have been lots of threads on this, but honestly, it's too much to work out.

I'm on vanilla 12 perpetual, and I am current. I renewed before the due time. In my Avid account it shows that I have a current upgrade plan, and I didn't get support (exactly what I wanted). I renewed about a month before it was due, as it should just roll over and extend the term of the upgrade plan. Everything shows correctly in my Avid account: I'm licensed for upgrades for the next year as far as the Avid website shows.

However, my iLok says I need to renew the subscription, and shows the Upgrades asset is pending renewal with an ugly red mark. I've tried synchronising my iLok (I've got the Upgrades asset on my physical iLok, not just in the account). I just saw this a couple of days ago: the seven day support was over before this even was an issue, because I renewed more than seven days in advance.

If anyone can give me some advice/help on how to proceed that would be excellent. Avid's links to customer care are like a loop that cycle you around the whole website...

Thanks for your patience with yet another one of these threads.
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 SC
Old 12-12-2016, 06:38 AM

Default Paid for in advance for renewal, no iLok asset

Hi all,

I'm on vanilla 12 perpetual, and I renewed my upgrade plan a month before the due time, guessing it would simply roll over. Everything shows correctly in my Avid account: I'm licensed until December 2017 for upgrades, without support.

However, my iLok shows the upgrades are expired. I've paid, but Avid haven't sent me the new iLok asset. I've tried synchronising my iLok (I've got the Upgrades asset as well as the Perpetual 12 bundle on my physical iLok, not just in the account). I just saw this a couple of days ago: the seven day support was over before this even was an issue, because I renewed a month in advance.

If anyone can give me some advice/help on how to proceed that would be excellent. Avid's links to customer care are like a loop that cycle you around the whole website... I can navigate Pro Tools, but can't make sense of any of the web forms.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Paid for in advance for renewal, no iLok asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandKurious View Post
Hi all,

I'm on vanilla 12 perpetual, and I renewed my upgrade plan a month before the due time, guessing it would simply roll over. Everything shows correctly in my Avid account: I'm licensed until December 2017 for upgrades, without support.

However, my iLok shows the upgrades are expired. I've paid, but Avid haven't sent me the new iLok asset. I've tried synchronising my iLok (I've got the Upgrades asset as well as the Perpetual 12 bundle on my physical iLok, not just in the account). I just saw this a couple of days ago: the seven day support was over before this even was an issue, because I renewed a month in advance.

If anyone can give me some advice/help on how to proceed that would be excellent. Avid's links to customer care are like a loop that cycle you around the whole website... I can navigate Pro Tools, but can't make sense of any of the web forms.

I will try to bump this up the ladder for you. I don't know about a penalty for early renewal.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-12-2016, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Paid for in advance for renewal, no iLok asset

Thanks Tom!
Old 12-15-2016, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Upgrade/iLok asset help

Sorry for the confusion here.

The Upgrades license was initially included with Plans but never implemented (we'll get this added to the Licensing FAQ). You can deactivate (and right+click > Hide) that.

Your Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) and has a Release Limit of 12/6/2017 which aligns with your Plan. So that will authorize PT versions from 10.0 through whatever is released as of Dec 6 of next year and will not expire.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:43 PM

Hi jeffro,

It's great that the Perpetual Bundle is the only asset I need to worry about now, it makes it much simpler. Thanks for letting me know it's safe to ignore the Upgrades asset, and thank you for the hard work you do!
Old 12-15-2016, 05:01 PM

You're welcome!

I added info about the Upgrades license in the FAQ, so I hope it helps clarify that.