Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2021, 01:27 PM

Default Show tracks inside folders with folder hidden

Anyone else think this would be a useful addition? I often have memory locations that show only the tracks I am creatively working with. I love to have folders for organization but when I am working creatively I'd love to just have only the tracks with creative material on them (MIDI/Audio) and have their containing folders hidden.

Last edited by snowplaysmusic; 06-21-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Show tracks inside folders with folder hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplaysmusic View Post
Anyone else think this would be a useful addition? I often have memory locations that show only the tracks I am creatively working with. I love to have folders for organization but when I am working creatively I'd love to just have only the tracks with creative material on them (MIDI/Audio) and have their containing folders hidden.
Could be a handy feature, as long as the folder contents were still indented in the Edit window, so we don't forget that they're in folders. You can make the folder heights Mini in the Edit window, which helps. But of course, they still take up the same room as all others in the Mix window. It would be nice if plain folder tracks could be set to super narrow width with the mute and solo buttons one above the other in the Mix window, whether they could be hidden or not.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 06-21-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Could be a handy feature, as long as the folder contents were still indented in the Edit window, so we don't forget that they're in folders. You can make the folder heights Mini in the Edit window, which helps. But of course, they still take up the same room as all others in the Mix window. It would be nice if plain folder tracks could be set to super narrow width with the mute and solo buttons one above the other in the Mix window, whether they could be hidden or not.
Ah yes good thoughts here!
Old 06-22-2021, 03:58 PM

I agree. nice.
Also, I don't think we need that top color folder line in the Mixer that makes the entire thing jump down a few pixels.
Two nested folders, and you cannot click to open and then immediately click in the same place to close - as the icon has now jumped down far enough to be out-of-range. It renders location-targeting shortcut apps such as Keyboard Maestro useless.

Surely that's a simple fix.