Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 09-25-2009, 08:53 AM

Default Re: 8.01

I am using the latest W7/64 with ProTools 8.0.1. I will post my DPC screenshot later today. Almost identical system in terms of hardware to the other screenshot I posted which is on XP.

Mixing:
ProTools HD 10|Native ~ Avid 96 IO ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-2 QUAD ~ Focusrite Liquid Mix ~ Mackie Control ~ 2 x Mackie Control Extenders

Tracking:
ProTools HD 10|HD1 ~ Lynx Aurora 16 ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-1e

Editing:
ProTools HD 10 ~ MacBook ~ Mac OS X Snow Leopard ~ 4 GB RAM
ProTools HD 10 ~ HP Laptop ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ 2 GB RAM
Old 09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Avid

Just to be sure we're doing this right - are all of you running the DPC Latency app while Pro Tools is running? If not - please do so, as it's the only way to see if there are any interrupts occurring that may interrupt PT usage. Try it a couple different ways - with Pro Tools playing back, idle, windows minimized, etc.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:37 PM

Just to clarify my results, the windows xp one I posted wasn't running protools, I did do it in both situations (with and without) but the graph was the same when it was running. Both of the windows 7 graphs were with protools running. I have the windows 7 with PT not loaded, and the graphs look VERY similar to the ones posted. There were no peaks, all sitting below the green line. As noted, the windows 7/8.0.1 had just had a 6031 error which didn't result in any change on the graph. I'm reasonably sure they were with windows playing full screen behind the latency checker.

cya
Ghengis
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
Core2Quad, Gigabyte P-35, 4G RAM, Win XP sp3 Pro-Tools 8.0.1 HD2 accel PCI, 96io + 8220 legacy, many plugins - Waves Diamond, Massive pack 6 and 7, Autoyune 4, Vocalign, FXpansion VST to RTAS adapter. Everything runs smooth so far, I've recorded and mixed. No crash, stable and I like it. Inerface feels snappier, but maybe I just want it to be so after so many false moves - especially whent adjusting levels with ctrl fader ALWAYS went nuts (because I released sth to soon or sth) - now it's OK. I didn't change anything during upgrade (card order especially).

EDIT - I have unsupported (?) waves 5.0 or 5.2, I didn't upgrade yet - maybe that? And I don't have Massey plugs...

I'm answering myself - nothing runs smooth, got all of sudden 6031 with ONE track no plugins, don't know why...
It drives me mad
Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
I'm answering myself - nothing runs smooth, got all of sudden 6031 with ONE track no plugins, don't know why...
It drives me mad
I use older Waves too and will never buy into their extortion WUP scam.7.4 works fine with all versions of Waves from the past 6 years.