Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Default Issues with Eleven Rack. Again.

So, a few weeks back, I thought my Eleven rack issue had resolved itself when I installed 8.0.3cs1, and that I could now happily keep my Eleven Rack and my 003 Rack both connected and happy.

This is most definitely not the case anymore.

Randomly (only about 1/4 time) Protools will open fine and dandy, find all my DAEs and load up everything needed. Then, the fun starts when we open a session.

Protools finds the Eleven, as well as my 003 Rack. And it begins "Getting Rig Layouts". And it keeps at it. Over. And over. and over. Ad infinitum. I check my CPU usage, and it's at 2-5%. So I'm not overpowering my CPU. And it doesn't seem to be DOING anything. Just background processes as usual. (And no, I don't have anything on my system that would conflict with it...I don't think.)
Assuming that I get lucky and this is one of the 3/4 of the times it gets the rig layouts from my ElevenR, I run into a whole new stock of hell.
If I try to open the Eleven control window in Protools, CRASH. A high pitched sin wave and Protools appears to resize itself to massive proportions that stretch off both my monitors.
Then, we have yet ANOTHER issue. Ground loop that appears to come from...nowhere? I've tried literally everything to reduce that annoying buzz. I've tried putting it on power conditioners. No dice, still a buzz. I've tried using the highest grade cable I could find. Still, buzzing. I've gone as far as to try using one of those gimmicky "Ground Loop Eliminators". Still buzzes like a bee. I even used the taboo 3 to 2 prong converters that just remove the ground from the equation. And not surprisingly, still a buzz.
Is my Eleven just the most problematic one in the world or something? Or are these things just supposed to be nightmarish wastes of time? I love the sounds. I just wish they would go where they're supposed to, not crash my system, and play nice with all my other Digi-Avid junk.
Sad to say, I've owned this thing for a couple of months now, and it's literally just sat in the rack unusable since March. About ready to cut my losses and just sell it.

If anyone would be kind enough as to help, I'd very much appreciate the assistance.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Avid

Default Re: Issues with Eleven Rack. Again.

Brandon,

Can you check out the "Help us help you" document and provide the information? Without knowing what OS you're running, what computer model, and other such details, there's just no way to diagnose this.

Make sure to update to Pro Tools 8.0.3cs2 if you haven't already.

Thanks!
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Issues with Eleven Rack. Again.

Try disableing C1E in your bios.
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet