Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Default Mac: Euphonix Preferences panel drops non-eucon apps

Trying to get Reason to work with my Mc Mix on Mac OSX 10.7.1 running Eucon 2.6.2

I follow these instructions:

- Open System Preferences and go to Euphonix Preferences.
- Drag and drop the application (example: Reason) you wish to use into the center panel. Reason will default to HUI, ports 1-4.
- Close System Preferences and restart your workstation.

Next, I would go into my Reason prefs and set the midi channel to be Mackie, etc. However, the problem I'm having is that the Euphonix Preferences panel doesn't keep the Reason app in it after a reboot.

So what Gives? Anyone have a suggestion? Is this a Lion compatibility issue?

Have not contacted Avid yet.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Mac: Euphonix Preferences panel drops non-eucon apps

hey man,

When you drag and drop the Reason app in your eucon pref panel, make sure the protocol is set to mackie control.
also set your control surfaces in Reason to use the Mackie control type controllers. Make sure your midi ports match as well...

everything else youre doing is correct.

I was doing what you were doing and I was getting into the same rut.

hope this helps!

fuzzy
Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 PM

I've followed all the steps to a T and this still doesn't work for me. I drop in the app (Ableton Live in my case) restart the computer set up Live and nothing. I go to system preferences and the app is gone.

This is typical Avid nonsense.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Fuzzy_Blackmon:

I can't set the Reason preferences to use Mackie Control, because the Eucon Panel drops whatever app was dragged into it once I close the Eucon panel and restart the computer.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by avezeau View Post
Fuzzy_Blackmon:

I can't set the Reason preferences to use Mackie Control, because the Eucon Panel drops whatever app was dragged into it once I close the Eucon panel and restart the computer.
Hey guys,

Have you tried repairing disk permissions? We've had success reproducing this issue and squashing it by repairing permissions.

Best,
John Haydon
Principal Product Manager | Live Systems and Consoles

Avid
2001 Junipero Serra Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94014-3886
United States
[email protected]

We’re Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com <http://www.avid.com/>
Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM

I had this same problem for a few months. Because I'd never even used Eucon before, I didn't know it was strange for the apps to disappear - I thought it was just a bad interface design.
Repairing permissions did not seem to fix the problem for me. As a temporary workaround, I set up a snow leopard install, saw that the apps were sticking in the list, and then copied several of the Eucon plist files over from my Snow Leopard partition to my Lion partition, and it seemed to work, but it still wouldn't retain any new apps that I downloaded into the list. Again, repairing permissions seemed to have no effect.
Several months two Eucon updates later, it appears that it now works. IMHO, there was/is some strange mojo going on.

I hope this helps in some way or other for all the EuCon detectives out there...

I still have an extra Lion partition that is more or less "unadulterated" by my hackings... When I have time I'll to try on that environment again and I'll post back.

Dave
Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Guys,

It seems there's something VERY WRONG with "HD/Library/Preferences" folder permissions in Lion, which prevent Eucon prefpane(and a bunch of other apps for that matter) to save configuration files.

If you "get info" "HD/Library/Preferences" folder you'll see that you only have "read" permissions, and permission box only list system(r+w), wheel(r) and everyone(r). Change "everyone" permission to r+w solves the problem.

Although that's probably not the "right way" to fix it, it will let you save prefs while Apple and Avid take their time to iron that nasty bug out

Hope this help!

see ya
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 PM

JC Haydon

Repairing Disk Permissions didn't work, even when using Disk Utilities in Lion's Recovery/Reinstall mode.

Fishbone:

That tip seems to work as far as getting the Eucon preference panel to retain Reason in it's list, but now I have to figure out why the MC MIX doesn't show up in REASON.

I'll keep investigating....

Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:07 PM

All is working now.

For those folks who are having problems, give this a shot and hopefully it fixes your issue:

1. Per user FISHBONE (thanks for that tip), do a "get info" on your "HD/Library/Preferences" folder and change the "everyone" permission to r+w.

2. Go into the AUDIO MIDI SETUP app, and if the EUPHONIX MIDI device is greyed out, select it and hit DELETE. Then do a reboot.

3. After rebooting, the EUPHONIX MIDI device should be back and no longer greyed out.

4. From here, go into REASON's Preference and select the Auto-Detect Surfaces button on the Control Surfaces tab. All should work now.

Aaron Vezeau
[email protected]