Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Default Avid Eleven Rack + Mavericks

I'm currently shopping for a new mac as mine is starting to hold me back in the mixing stage (2009 dual-core Macbook Pro). I'm a recent Pro Tools user, only owning the software myself since this past January when I purchased the Avid Eleven Rack alongside Pro Tools 10. Unfortunately, buying a computer pre-installed with Mavericks brings some trouble ahead. The Avid Eleven Rack drivers were just recently updated in November to allow it's use in Mavericks but only for use with Pro Tools 11. Like many others, money isn't exactly falling out of the sky for me, and dishing out money for a new computer will certainly set me back some. I have a number of projects both presently and upcoming that will depend on me to use the hardware on hand. Is there any future for Pro Tools 10 on Mavericks? Am I to understand that the hardware I bought under a year ago will no longer be supported without a $300 follow up purchase? Or do I have no other choice but to bite the bullet and buy the new version of Pro Tools sooner than I wanted to.