Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-07-2005, 12:20 PM

Default 867 Mix+ PT 6.4.1 OS 10.3.5 USD

Trying to install a USD in the setup mentioned ... all connections made .. .went to update firmware ... with sucess v5.0.3 ... was able to select the USD connected to CORE digiserial port ...selected "ok" ..everything was good ..as soon as I opened a session it said "lost communication with USD, please select it from the peripherals box" .. went to the perh pop-up and tried to select but now i get a message that reads: "unable to establish communication with the SYNC box, be sure that SYNC box is turned on and connected" .. even though I'm not using a SYNC and I've selected the USD option. Already trashed prefs, tried different cables. NADA .. any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
Old 01-08-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: 867 Mix+ PT 6.4.1 OS 10.3.5 USD

More data to report: upon connection of the USD to the CORE digiserial, my 888's start freaking out... inputs (analog/digital), sample rate, spikes in the meters and most of all I can't make the cursor move (no play or record) .. once i disconnet the USD all goes back to normal and works fine.

will 10.3.7 work with this setup .. and more inportantly will it be the answer?

I've searched the DUC /Anwerbase for an entire day .. zippo .. there must be someone out there with a similar setup.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:33 PM

I'm having the same problem. Everything works fine with the USD not connected. When I plug the serial cable into the Digiserial Port, I can't even get Pro Tools to recognize it. It says "lost communication with SYNC". I'm using 10.3.7 with Mix and 6.4.1. Has anyone been able to use a USD with Mix on 6.4.1? Email me at erobinso@usc.edu. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:08 AM

I'm currently using a USD connected to the Digi Serial port on the Mix Core card, PT 6.4.1cs3, OS 10.3.8. No problems. I don't know my USD firmware, nor have I tried to update it. I know that there used to be a problem updating firmware from the Digi serial port, and you had to connect the USD to a Mac serial port. Sounds like the firmware update may have failed, causing the USD to send out erroneous clock. If you can (maybe you still have that old Mac with serial port sitting around?) try updating the firmware again with it, and see if that is successful.

rcm
Old 02-25-2005, 11:51 AM

Thanks, I will try that. When I power my USD on, it's says that the firmware is 5.0.3, but I updated it through the Digi port. I have one of the Griffin serial ports on my G4, so I will update through that.