Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Running LE without 002r hardware attached ?

Quote:
So can you run LE with M-Audio Hardware?
No, that should be pretty clear by the product info on the main digi site. PTLE works with Mbox/002 line, M-Powered works with supported M-Audio hardware.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Running LE without 002r hardware attached ?

Quote:
No, there is a co-existence issue. You can't have M-Powered and LE on the same computer. I tried installing a demo of M-Powered way abck when (when it was first announced), and it stopped the installer and told me that i would have to delete LE to run MP.
DJ, I was referring to technical issues for Digi to make these capabilities available (replying to Slim's assertions that it would be alot of work for digi to do so). PTLE and PTMP are identical software. The only difference is that they have made marketing decisions to disable certain capabilities in each. PTMP has had support for 002 and Control24, among other things, turned off. PTLE has had support for ilok and coreaudio turned off. If their marketing department chose they could immediately begin offering a PTLE that was a true upgrade (supported all capabilities of PTMP including ilok and coreaudio (so that we could run it standalone without being tethered to a big chunk of hardware that is unnecessary for many tasks) as well as additional capabilities it does today such as Control24, 002, DV Toolkit, etc.) The amount of coding necessary is likely zero.

However, it is possible for multiple versions of PT to run on a single machine. You just need to setup your PC for dual (or triple, or quad) boot. I currently have 3 versions (LE, MP, Free) running on my laptop. It's a pain to have to reboot each time I need a different capability, but it works. What hurts most is knowing that I have to go through all of this because of marketing decisions, not technical limitations of the software.