Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Real audio samples of DISK don\'t work

I need to purchase and download sound effects online for a project. DISK seems to have everything I need, HOWEVER, none of the real audio samples work. A file is downloaded, but the Real Player just sits there "stopped" and the counter says "0:00/0:00", and it never starts playing. A few files I tried actually do start, but most of them don't.

Ideas? Digi? All other real player files from other sites work fine.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Real audio samples of DISK don\'t work

Try Soundogs.com. They have mp3's instead of Real Player.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Real audio samples of DISK don\'t work

All of the samples I tried downloaded and played automatically on RealOne Player 9.0 and Mac OS X 10.3.2. A little bit of hesitation between download and autostart, but only a few seconds. That's on a DSL connection.

If you are on OS X and have the latest version of RealOne Player installed...
Do Get Info on one of the downloaded preview sound files with the .ram extension.
Under "Open with", choose RealOne Player (default) if it is not already set to that.

I haven't tried it on OS 9 recently, but I have an older version of the paid RealAudio v8 on my OS 9 system, rather than RealOne. I still remember it working with these though. I'll check when I get a chance. On OS 9, you might try your QuickTime control panel, then checking the Internet MIME settings to see if the type .ram is assigned to a different program than RealAudio player.