Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 AM

Default Lost activation card, before activation

Hi ! Sorry, but i can't find suitable topic for my problem. I am new user of PRO TOOLS. I bought 5 months ago PT 10, and it worked without AVID activation. Now I decided to activate for upgrade, but unfortunately i lost my ACTIVATION card during moving house. What can I do to renew my activation card? When i register on ilok account, it was automatically fit my ilok account to my license which was on ilok, but after that IT starts to ask me for Ilok ( standard message - ERROR, PLEASE INSERT ILOK ...).

Before all operations, when i checked ilok in Ilok license manager - license was recognized as unknown, but PT worked.

I will be grateful for any help.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Lost activation card, before activation

The Pro Tools 10 license is already activated and installed on your iLok account (jachodun).

So this sounds more like it could be an issue with the USB connection. Try a different USB port, USB 2 if you have one. Or a USB hub if you have one.

If it is a problem in communicating with the iLok and your iLok account, follow the Sync/Repair steps listed here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340359