Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 12-15-2021, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Anyone running Carbon successfully on a Hackintosh?

Thanks for the good news updates guys.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:11 PM

Just to help anyone wishing to Hack a Gigabyte z490 Vision D (or G) here's the link to the Tonymacx86 thread I used, it's very detailed, and the moderator has excellent communication skills.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...rx-580.298642/

A few of the members in this thread are using their systems for Pro Audio, UA Apollo X series specifically, but since I last checked I was the only user who posted about PT Carbon.

I guess I should start off by stating the reason for me switching from a perfectly good working Windows10 PC to a macOS Hackintosh machine. First, I'm not an Apple fan at all (Apple does what the hell they want and get a pass because of Blind Allegiance) so this was not a case of I want to work with an Apple-like product cause I'm an Apple fanboy. I think their hardware is overpriced especially if you upgrade your RAM or HD capacity through Apple or one of their dealers. I don't like how they make changes to their OS which breaks software/plugin compatibility (Unless it's Logic X or Final Cut Pro) and force software developers (Especially the little guys) to constantly update software just to stay current. If Windows or Android did this people would be screaming bloody murder. I have no problem with them moving away from Intel Processors, but after teasing us with the reasonable prices of a MacMini M1, the prices of an M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pro are more than last year's Intel equivalent including the entry-level version by at least $200. Ohh, and don't get me started on the iPhone battery debacle. I don't like Apple as you see but I do admit they make a good product and a good OS so I'm not against using what works be it Apple or Microsoft. Does Pro tools run that much better in macOS than in Windows10 in my experience? Not enough for me to purchase a $3000+ MacBook Pro. To be truthful, after I removed the UAD2 Quad PCI-e card from slot # 4 on my motherboard, Pro Tools in Windows10 has never run so smoothly for me. Yes, it does seem to be a little better and there are a few things I like about macOS I will admit.

I don't use many VI's nor do I compose very much anymore with FL Studio or Maschine. So I can't speak for those who rely on numerous and heavy VI's for their work. I mainly Mix, Record Vocals, and Edit Audio ITB now. Even with heavy track counts and plugin oversampling I never run out of processing power in my daily usage. This and the fact that I wanted better converters (And with the advice of moderator SOUTHSIDE MUSIC about Carbon) is one of the reasons I made the switch from HDX to PT Carbon. I could have bought an MTRX Studio for $4999 to replace my HD I/O's and ran with my HDX card, but that was not in the budget. The Carbon I got for a pretty good deal with the Avid Promo last year for $3399 (You can subtract another $399 from that price cause now I don't have to pay for the PTU Upgrade and Support Plan till April of 2023). I stop using AAX-DSP for mixing when the Hybrid engine was introduced for HDX last year so switching to the Carbon was painless. All that to say I only switched to macOS because Carbon doesn't run on Windows. Luckily I bought my mobo in September of 2020 with the intention of being able to Hackintosh in the future if need be and though a have Hacked a PC before, about a decade ago for general use, this was entirely a different process and required me to start from ground zero. Was I happy using Windows for my needs? Yes. Did I want to switch over to macOS? No, but my Pro Audio hardware choice left me no option and I'm cool with that. Actually, I'm glad I did cause I really enjoy the all-in-one solution, 1u rack size, and the converters in Carbon is definitely a step up from my HD I/O's to put it lightly. Furthermore, Carbon has been very stable for me. Not once has it disconnected from my computer and only a few times when opening a plugin caused PT to crash. When I record a session's completed mixed audio files to a print track in real-time (Like in a Hybrid setup) sometimes the audio file still gets corrupted which is very very rare. I just have to erase that file and re-record the real-time bounced mix. Why do I still record a real-time bounce? Because I use hardware effects in my mixes sometimes. Other than that PT Carbon on macOS has been a joy to work with. Ok, on to the build.

Here are my system details for all who are interested;

***Remember to first remove all your Pro Audio PCI-e cards and connected Thunderbolt or USB devices excluding your keyboard and mouse before installing macOS. This includes MIDI Keyboards and the alike. Install your OS with a barebones build.***

Gigabyte z490 Vision D / BIOS F21b
Intel Core i-9 10850K (Oc'ed by Gigabyte BIOS 4.8gHz)
VisionTek Radeon RX 560 4GB (Cheap GPU)
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR 3200 (4 x 8GB)
(2) Inland Premium 1TB M.2 Drives for Windows10 and macOS operating systems
Intel Extreme Gaming Cooler Tower Heat Sink (It's a basic cooler by Intel)
Several old HDDs for samples and whatnot
1TB Samsung SSD for PT Sessions (Backed up on HDD)
(1) Toshiba 4TB external HDD
(1) Seagate 8TB external HDD
OCZ 750 Watt Fatality Power Supply
NZXT 5.25" Multi-Card reader w/ (2)USB 3.0 ports (Only using the USB 3.0 ports for external drives).
1 smaller 3.5" Multi-Card reader (Only using the USB 2.0 port)
5.25" CD/DVD Drive
(1) Avid HDX Card (Will be selling soon)
(1) UAD2 Octo PCI-e Card
(1) UAD2 Quad PCI-e Card (See notes below)
(1) UAD2 Satellite USB3 Octo (UA's USB3 Satellite only works in Windows)
(1) 4 Slot USB 3.0 hub.
(1) SP 256GB SSD External Drive for macOS Catalina bootable backup (Only need to be the size you are actually using from your system drive, but leave some room to spare).
(1) SABRENT 2.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0 Tool-Free Clear External Hard Drive Enclosure (for the above external drive)
(1) Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
(1) Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter

As of August 2022, I added an Apollo Twin|X to my rig for the rock-bottom price of $200.00. I just couldn't pass that up.

All the instructions for the macOS install are in the link above. These are the issues I ran into that I can recall.

Per the instructions, it told me to use Mac Model Identifier iMac 19.1 in the EFI. For several days I couldn't get macOS to install until I changed it from 19.1 to 20.2. Soon As I change that in the EFI, macOS Catalina 10.15.7 was installed with no problems.

PCI-e slot 4 doesn't like to be populated with a UAD2 card (makes PT act weird under HDX) This was a problem in Windows also. Once I removed the card all is well. Haven't tried any other PCI-e devices in slot 4 yet but will try it again in macOS.

When installing UAD2 software you must allow the software/driver access through Security and Privacy (I missed the message after installing the driver and software). This also applies to some other software and drivers we use for Pro Audio.

My m905 was said to be plug-n-play in OSX and macOS, it wasn't for me in macOS. Grace Design said some users were having issues so they have a beta driver for macOS that's currently only available through their tech support if you call them. Very friendly and helpful people, I only wish it was posted in a forum somewhere so I wouldn't have wasted two days.

The 2.5Ghz ethernet port doesn't work on the macOS side (works in Windows). The 1Ghz ethernet port functions fine (but isn't AVB compliant as needed for PT Carbon), but I needed an ethernet port for my Netgear ProSAFE FS-105 Ethernet Switch for my PT Dock, 2 Artist Mix, and a separate Ethernet port for Internet access. Instead of buying a Wi-Fi PCI-e card like many users in the thread have, I'm using the onboard Wi-fi for the internet and the 1Ghz Ethernet port for my Eucon devices. The Wi-fi works great though I'm only 10 feet away from the router.

To connect Carbon to a Hackintosh (or a Mac that doesn't have ethernet ports) I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU USE APPLE BRANDED Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter connected to a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter. Not all Thunderbolt adapters are AVB compliant so just use Apple's to be safe. I believe the prices I paid at Micro Center were $49.99 and $29.99 for the pair.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...c93ae5a898b852

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...92ac61882adad2

***Update*** This week Sonnet has just released an Avid PT Carbon qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Ethernet adapter. It's a single dongle solution that can replace the 2 Apple dongles that we use now. It also comes with a 40Gbps Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector. The problem is the price. It cost $149.00 which is $70 more than the 2 Apple dongles. It's another option for some, but my 2 Apple dongles have worked without fail so I see no need to replace them with a more expensive option. Here's the link anyway for those who are interested.

https://sonnet.webflow.io/product/th...apter/overview

Use this link for Carbon connectivity to different Mac (Hackintosh) computers. This is pretty straightforward but you need at least one available Thunderbolt 2, Thunderbolt 3, or Thunderbolt 4 port (I believe only Thunderbolt 3 or 4 will work on a Hackintosh, and Gigabyte's z490 Vision D has Thunderbolt 3 with their Titan Ridge controller).

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...equirements#PT

Use this link for videos related to connecting and using PT Carbon.

https://www.avid.com/products/pro-to...rn-and-support

I was using my external effects via AES with HDX. Since PT Carbon only has ADAT/SPDIF Optical Digital I/O, I had to connect them via the Analog DB25 connectors on Carbon. Not much of a problem since I already had the DB25 snake, but now I had to gain match the input so my Digital I/O HDX sessions using my external effects would play back correctly level-wise (Only had to do this one time with a single session).

I control my Bricasti M7's with the M7 Link plugin that's USB Midi to each unit. I'm using a single M-Audio Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition which is a plug-n-play device. The only issue I have with it is it doesn't connect when starting macOS sometimes after I've switched over from Windows10 (dual boot system). I have to unplug and reconnect the USB cord from the rear of the tiny desktop unit and all is well (No power switch on this unit). This is not a problem cause the device is within arm's reach

As a note for anyone using hardware effect units in the Carbon's Hybrid Engine that want near-zero free latency. You must insert the effect unit directly on an Audio Track's Input with DSP mode enabled. All channels downstream of this (Master, Mix Bus, and Final Print Track) must be DSP Safe Mode Enabled. If you wish to use an AAX-DSP EQ plugin on the Effect Channel during recording, I suggest you use one that has the least amount of latency (EQ III) or time your unit's pre-delay accordingly. Since the M7 has a MIDI control plugin that is AAX-Native only, it causes unwanted latency during playback and recording. The solution for me was to create an Aux Channel next to the Effect Unit's Audio channel (The Aux Channel doesn't need an I/O path) and insert the M7 LINK plugin (or M7 Control plugin) on the Aux Channel and select the associated M-Audio Midisport MIDI Channel of which M7 I want to control from the plugin's settings (MIDISPORT 2x2 anniversary A or B).

The M-Audio Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition is no longer available but this seems to be a good reasonably priced alternative.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ktar-midiflex4

Never had to read macOS files so this was new. My Session or Sample drives weren't formatted to write under macOS. I could open sessions in macOS, but not save (including Backup Session Files) to these same drives I was reading from. Didn't realize they needed to be ExFAT formatted (FAT will only allow file sizes up to 4GB) so both OS could read and write to them. Formatted a spare drive in macOS under Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility to ExFAT, copied all sessions to it, formatted old session drive to ExFAT, copied all samples to that drive, formatted old sample drive to ExFAT, and repeated till all write drives were reformatted to ExFAT. This also allows the drive to be read and written by both macOS and Windows and since I still have my HDX card and 8x8x8 HD I/O installed, I'm able to go between both OS, HDX, Carbon, and just plain native with very little effort.

Backed up my macOS system drive with Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). This is a must though I haven't had to use it. Before I make major changes to my system, I always make a working backup first (Did this in Windows with Acronis also). With a Hackintosh, sometimes updating to Apple's latest and greatest OS (Why must they change operating systems so often) has the tendency to break things. It might break internal sound, might break a USB port, might break a USB header, or might not break anything. More importantly, because of the Pro Audio/Video software we use, we should only update our OS when our primary software dictates. These two factors appear to have me sticking with Catalina 10.15.7 as long as PT and Carbon are compatible. I really want to install Big Sur but do I really feel like troubleshooting again if the update breaks something? NO not at this time and as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

https://bombich.com/

I suggest that if you decide to go down this road, make sure you have several days if not a week or two in case you run into any issues. So don't erase your working Windows system drive and make sure you have a plan if you can't connect or use the hardware units the way you were using them in Windows. Remember that Carbon only has ADAT/SPDIF Optical Digital I/O and not AES or SPDIF Coaxial. Read through the link above cause if you use someone else's posted EFI (Not all of them worked for me), you'll have to change a few things so macOS will boot, the App Store and iCloud will work, that's what I did. Post any problems you have in the forum. The members of the Hackintosh community are very helpful.

KEEP YOUR WINDOWS DRIVE HANDY. I didn't have to move any PCI-e cards around or change the order of my USB devices from which they were attached to my computer when I ran Windows10. So if I had to use my computer all I did was select my Windows10 M.2 drive in the BIOS and I was good till I got my macOS install sorted out.

To keep my build cost down, for macOS I was going to use the integrated Intel Graphics on my motherboard. It does work but I found that at least a few plugins GUI would be blacked out, crash PT if opened on an existing session, or crash PT if inserted on a track. This of course makes it unusable for Pro Audio needs (The internal Intel Graphics did the same thing in Windows also) so I had to find a cheap compatible AMD Radeon Video Card.

https://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Gra...s%2C101&sr=8-3

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...-video-adapter

If you have attempted to build a PC recently, you have undoubtedly seen the high prices of Graphic Cards. I refuse to pay $550 -$700 (not to mention those upwards of $2000 + geared towards gamers) for a card that's probably worth $300 during normal times. That's why I went with the card I choose. It was suggested to me on the forum cause I'm not doing video and I'm running a single 32 LG monitor. I believe I paid just under $200 for it and that was fine for my needs. I also had to buy a mini-DVI to HDMI adapter for under $30. Your needs will vary especially if you're doing video and you don't have a (or 2) AMD video card(s). In that case, you need to factor in the high price of even used video cards for your build. You could very well pay more for the video card than the rest of your system. Remember that for macOS the Graphis Card must be an AMD metal compatible video card. I had an NVIDIA video card I was using in Windows. I had to ditch that card, install new drivers in Windows10, and all is good no matter which OS I chose to use now. If you need advice on what video card to use the moderator or other members would be glad to help you. Here's a link to recommended components on the Tonymacx86 site. (These are known to work but other non-listed components can work as well). Remember plug-n-play is a beautiful thing.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersgui.../#CustoMac_Pro

It was said not to use Samsung M.2 drives for your Hackintosh system drive because of Trim. I have a Samsung SSD drive (not an M.2) I'm using for PT Sessions, but not as my macOS system drive.

I don't have an iPhone and probably never will. I only have an iPad for my PT Dock which is several years old now. Will never buy an Apple watch and don't have an Apple TV subscription either. AirDrop isn't working for me and I don't know if and when I'll correct that. Others seem to have it working, just not me cause it's not that important at the moment.

Bluetooth does work with the integrated Intel Wi-Fi and I was able to connect my Power Beats Pro to my Hack. I was also able to connect my Epson WF-Pro 3720 All-in-One Printer to my Wireless Network and the needed software for scanning documents. The only problem I ran into was during setup. As it was trying to connect to my wireless network for the printer installation. It took a long time to complete. When it did complete it said it was unsuccessful and tried the suggested troubleshooting steps. I must have done this about 5 or 6 times before I opened Finder and shown under Network my Epson WF-3720 Series Printer. After that, I tried printing a paper and it work even though it said the setup was unsuccessful. All other Epson software was installed without a hitch.

***Update*** If you need to use AirDrop you'll need their (Tonymacx86) suggested Wi-Fi card, Fenvi T919 PCI-E WiFi Adapter, or Alternative. Airdrop and other Continuity processes will not work with the onboard Intel Wi-Fi. I'll purchase the Wi-Fi card just to get AirDrop working for convenience, but I may need to change something in my EFI. If that one doesn't work you'll have to use the alternative link below the first one which people have had success with on my mobo.

https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-t919...Dcpd58.a53.IGA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD...nymacx86com-20

Side note for HDX users. HDX 1 is working fine on WIndows10/11 in PCI-e slot # 2. It's working fine for me on macOS 10.15.7 for the short time I've tested it. The only issue I've had when using HDX in Windows10/11 with this setup is sometimes it would lose connection with the audio interface (HD I/O). I would save the session, close PT, reboot my computer and relaunch PT. This was random at times. It could happen today and not happen again for 3 months. I never investigated the issue or reported it. If I had decided to go the MTRX route that would have told me if it was an HDX card or HD I/O issue.

***Update*** After further investigation under Windows10/11 while using HDX in PCI-e slot 2, UAD2 Octo card in PCI-e slot 3, and a UAD2 Quad card in PCI-e slot 4 the system plays fine until a UAD2 plugin is populated on the UAD2 card in slot 4. I played with it for hours and not once did I get the "Pro Tools has lost connection with an interface" error message. On the Windows side, I also have a UAD2 Octo USB3 Satellite which usually shows up after the PCI-e cards in the UA Control Panel. The problem happens when a UAD2 plugin is populated on the 2nd card that resides in PCI-e slot 4. Once that happens I'll get the error message 10 to 20 minutes later. Somehow while working on my computer, I was unknowing able to get the Satellite to show before the 2nd PCI-e card in the UA Control Panel. When this happens I'm able to populate the UAD2 Octo PCI-e card and the USB3 Satellite without receiving the error message for a much longer period of time (A few hours). Once the 2nd PCI-e card is populated, the error message will definitely appear sooner than later. In Windows 11 Device Manager, I tried disabling and uninstalling the drivers for only that card, but it didn't work. I was still getting the error message which forces you to quit PT and restart your computer so PT would see the HDX card again. If the card is removed from PCI-e slot 4, HDX in Windows is solid with this build. For the past 10 hours in macOS using PT Carbon with the 2nd UAD2 card installed, I'm able to populate both PCI-e cards with no issues whatsoever. Right now I haven't tried running HDX in macOS since the system is solid with Carbon. It seems there's an IRQ conflict of some nature when the HDX card is active and the UAD2 card in PCI-e slot 4 is populated in Windows. I will run some HDX tests in macOS, just not right now. I'll report back at that time.

Tried running HDX on macOS with the UAD2 card installed in PCI-e slot 4 and I can't even get PT to switch the playback engine. I get an error trying to use HDX as the playback engine and I have to select Carbon to run PT. With Carbon as the playback engine, I can use my UAD2 card in PCI-e slot 4 with no issues.

Carbon on macOS or HDX on Windows10/11 and macOS with my motherboard is rock solid. The UAD2 card in PCI-e slot 4 is the only issue when using HDX in either OS. Once I removed the UAD2 card from PCI-e slot 4 all issues disappear. In fact, for my application, PT is working great in either OS with both Avid interfaces. Other than shortcuts and the OS border surrounding the PT window, I really don't see a difference in normal operation once inside the PT environment. Another great thing about this Hackintosh setup is I'm not using an expansion chassis for my HDX and UAD2 cards. All PCI-e devices are self-contained on my motherboard.

***Update*** The day PT 2022.4 was released I was working in Windows11. I installed PT 2022.4 and the HDX firmware update was easy with no problems. I then restarted my computer in macOS, installed PT 2022.4 and the Carbon's firmware update on my Hackintosh was just as easy, with no problems whatsoever. So it's ok to install PT 2022.4 and update the Carbons firmware. Another member on this site PM me and said he installed the HDX firmware on the macOS side with no problems either. So Hackintosh users should feel safe updating their Avid Hardware's firmware with peace of mind.

***Update*** On October 12, 2022. I upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.6, PT 2022.9, and everything is working fine. Had to reinstall a few plugins and had to give a few things security permissions again, but all in all, it's working fine. I do find that it's taking a little longer for PT to launch and load sessions. Not a lot longer though noticeable enough. I had issues with using HDX in Pro Tools playback engine (I use PT|Carbon in macOS, but I wanted to make sure it works as well). This was all related to UA Spark Connect app starting with the computer boots. I had to stop the UA Connect app from starting when the computer boots and launch UA Console app after macOS fully boots and before I launch PT (this is only if I want to use the Apollo as the playback engine, if not I just leave it powered down unlless I need the DSP for mixing). None of this affects PT|Carbon at all. I believe there's a conflict between the HDX card/HD Driver, the UA Connect, and UA Thunderbolt Driver if they start up during the macOS launch. This also became a problem in Windows11 after I installed the newly released UA Spark Connect app/plugins for Windows. The fix for me was almost identical in both operating systems, stop the UA Connect from starting when the OS launch and power up the Apollo after the OS completely launch and before I open PT.

For more details on these issues, you can read my post at this link:

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421911

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by abc1mce2; 10-23-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:03 PM

I'm using my Hackintosh no problem with the Apple USB C (thunderbolt) to Firewire adapter, into an Apple Firewire to Ethernet adapter.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
I'm using my Hackintosh no problem with the Apple USB C (thunderbolt) to Firewire adapter, into an Apple Firewire to Ethernet adapter.
For reference what are your system specs? Motherboard, Processor, etc.
Also, have you encountered any workarounds system/workflow-wise?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:39 PM

Awesome post abc1mce2, thank you
Old 01-27-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
For reference what are your system specs? Motherboard, Processor, etc.
Also, have you encountered any workarounds system/workflow-wise?

Designare z390 motherboard and i9 9900k cpu. No problems so far to report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2022, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post

Thank you for your useful info CHRIS!
Is that a PCIe Firewire card that you're using? If so what brand is it. I'm deciding between Startech or SYBA PEX30009.

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:16 AM

Quote:
to be precise, you need a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, into a Thunderbolt 2 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter.

for this to work in a Hackintosh without onboard Thunderbolt, you need a Thunderbolt card, not a Firewire card.
You can use a Titan Ridge from Gigabyte, but you'll need to flash the firmware.

shameless plug: If anyone needs a budget Hackintosh that works great with Carbon send me a pm, got one for sale.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:51 AM

Thank you for the info martthie_08. Yeah I thought it was weird as I couldn't find any information about people running Carbon via FW->TB even on a real Mac. But I was literally a click away from buying a Firewire card so thanks again!
Old 02-04-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahaman View Post
Thank you for your useful info CHRIS!
Is that a PCIe Firewire card that you're using? If so what brand is it. I'm deciding between Startech or SYBA PEX30009.

Thank you in advance.

No I’ve got thunderbolt on my mother board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk