Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-22-2003, 12:49 PM

Default 6.1 BETA wave driver

I cannot get the 6.1 Beta wave driver to work with my T-Racks program. It works fine with sound forge, but T-Racks will only work when my Sound Blaster Audio Card is enabled. Should I unplug the Sound Blaster Card? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

My computer:

Intel 3.0
Windows XP pro
875p chipset
Agp Graphics card
Old 09-06-2003, 11:31 PM

Default Re: 6.1 BETA wave driver

I'm having a similar problem and just sent a tech support request. The wave driver does not have a "Do not use this device in the current hardware profile (disable)" option in the Sounds and Audio Devices Control Panel OR the Device Manager. This trick enables you to create hardware profiles and disable certain devices if you don't need them for a particular set of circumstances, such as, for instances, my having disabled the Wave Driver when I had LE 5.3.1 when I used Logic. I had a hardware profile called "Logic". Otherwise, I had the Wave Driver enabled so that I could use it with Samplitude, Cool Edit, or whatever, even though I had a SoundBlaster LIve installed.

It is also impossible to uninstall this driver unless you physically remove it. There is no program to uninstall it, and I don't know the name of the driver. (You can manually remove it from the invisible folder \windows\system32\dllcache if you know it's name).

This is a really annoying problem, because the Wave Driver "sort of" worked well in LE 5.3.1, and now I have a brand new Intel 3.0 875 Chipset machine as you do, with 2GB RAM, and I'm unable to do a lot of my work! I haven't even tried to install Logic yet, because it is notoriously buggy with its own "Direct IO" driver, that Digi doesn't support and eMagic has discontinued Windows development, so I have no idea what's going to happen when I install Logic, but it's not going ot be fun, and I can't do it until I get the Wave Driver situation resolved.

BTW, do you have any experience with the ASIO drivers? I wonder if I can use them with Samplitude? I've seen some strange posts about losing midi ports after installing ASIO , so I'm not really anxious to do that either!
Old 09-07-2003, 12:18 AM

Greetings.

Rail suggested this work around for different users. Just substitute the name of the program (eg t-racks.exe) where it says " forge50.exe " and see how it goes for you. It worked for a lot of us with CoolEdit.

Quote:
With RegEdit, find the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Digidesign\MME Driver Bindings

and look for the value for WaveAllowedProcesses

add the value forge50.exe - make sure you comma delimit it like the other entries.

This may help with getting Sound Forge 5 to work.

Rail

Best of luck,

Haigbabe
Old 09-08-2003, 12:30 PM

Thanks! I'm going to try it with Cool Edit and Samplitude.

I can't even begin to imagine what may happen when I install Logic Audio Platinum 5.5.1 with it's buggy Direct I/O driver!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:51 PM

Wonderful, it works!! Is there a similar fix for the lack of SPDIF input?

There are entries in the MME key for Soundforge, Media Player, even Quicktime, but not for CoolEdit, Samplitude and others. I wonder if this is a feature that limits access to the hardware so there are no potential problems, such as with Logic?? I'll find out soon enough.

If anyone has any experience with Logic 5.5.1 since PT LE 6.1 was released, or even the earlier version, can you share?

Thanks again.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 PM

I wonder when the Wave Driver is coming out of Beta?
Isn't it about time for the real thing
Old 09-09-2003, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Wonderful, it works!! Is there a similar fix for the lack of SPDIF input?

Thanks again.
Greetings.

I'm not aware of any other i/o when using the wave-driver other than analogue 1-2. This was a very disappointing discovery for me when I bought the 002 (5.3.x). I was hoping things would improve with 6.1, but, alas, the wave-driver still seems to be under development.

Best regards,

Haigbabe