Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 05:36 PM

Default ADAT Sync Error Messages

Hope someone can help with this.
I'm getting error messages now with my Digimax. I have it connected with the optical cable, and the sync set to Optical in the PT LE software, like it's been for 8 months now. I installed the POD software and ever since then, I'm getting the error message on opening a session:
"A clock source could not be detected on the external sync input. Internal sync mode will be used until Pro Tools auto detects the presence of a valid external sync source."
Once I click OK to this, I then get:
"External clock source now valid."
Once I click OK to this, I get the first again. And so on, and so on. I figured it was the POD software, so I uninstalled it and removed any traces of it from the HD and the registry, but this is still happening. Anyone have any ideas on this? I've changed optical cables, just to make sure. Nothing else on the PC has changed since this POD thing happened.

Heath
Old 12-12-2001, 01:20 PM

Default Re: ADAT Sync Error Messages

Well, I upgraded to the 5.11 version of PT LE and now instead of the error messages, I experience dropouts.

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 12-12-2001, 08:16 PM

Trying a defrag of the audio drive, in case anyone's paying attention. Digi?
Old 12-13-2001, 06:15 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Carcaridon:
I figured it was the POD software, so I uninstalled it and removed any traces of it from the HD and the registry, but this is still happening. Anyone have any ideas on this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I'm not sure why this is happening, the Pod software could have mucked up Pro Tools in some way. Here are a few suggestions:

Trash the following items from the system, restart and try PT LE again:
-DAE prefs folder: Located in the C:/ Program files / Digidesign / DAE folder
-PT prefs file: Located in the C:/ Windows/ Application Data/ Digidesign folder.

-If that doesn't work, attempt a reinstall of PT LE (be sure to deauthorize DVerb before removing the PACE System Files).

-If things are still rocky, reinstall the Wave Driver

Brent
Old 12-13-2001, 06:50 PM

here's an old post about this too...http: //duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000837
Old 12-18-2001, 12:41 AM

Incase anyone was having the same issues or following the thread, removing and reinstalling the driver fixed the problem. So it looks like Digi and Line 6 have driver issues with each other when the Digi breakout bix is being used as the MIDI in/out device.

Heath