How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2015, 05:38 PM

Default Having to Switch Playback Engine EVERY TIME I open a session

Hello.

I had recently gotten a replacement iLok. I’m not sure if this is related to the problem or not. I’m only mentioning this because that’s when this problem began occurring.

Everything seems to be functioning fine, except when I open a new session that was using a playback engine other than built-in output, I get a message saying that it doesn’t support 44.1 kHz.

Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 7.35.33 PM.jpg

I then switch the playback engine to built-in output and the session opens fine. I then switch the playback engine (with the session open) to my Avid MBox Mini, and the session re-opens with the correct playback engine and runs fine (even though the same thing pops up about the sample rate).

My question is, is there any way I could fix this issue so that I can simply open the session with the proper playback engine and not have to switch and switch back every time I open a different session?

Thanks.

[Pro Tools 11.3.1]
[Mac OSX 10.5.5]
[Avid MBox Mini]
Old 11-15-2015, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Having to Switch Playback Engine EVERY TIME I open a session

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJones View Post
Hello.

I had recently gotten a replacement iLok. I’m not sure if this is related to the problem or not. I’m only mentioning this because that’s when this problem began occurring.

Everything seems to be functioning fine, except when I open a new session that was using a playback engine other than built-in output, I get a message saying that it doesn’t support 44.1 kHz.

Attachment 5400

I then switch the playback engine to built-in output and the session opens fine. I then switch the playback engine (with the session open) to my Avid MBox Mini, and the session re-opens with the correct playback engine and runs fine (even though the same thing pops up about the sample rate).

My question is, is there any way I could fix this issue so that I can simply open the session with the proper playback engine and not have to switch and switch back every time I open a different session?

Thanks.

[Pro Tools 11.3.1]
[Mac OSX 10.5.5]
[Avid MBox Mini]
If the above info is correct and you have that old of an OSX install PT11.3.1 won't run on it. You need a minimum of OSX 10.8.5 to run PT11.3.1.

QAPLA!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:22 AM

I just upgraded to ElCapitain on iMac and can no longer see my AudioBox 1818vsl on th elist and ProTools will no longer import audio giving the following message:
Just upgraded to El Captain on iMac and have received the following message on my iMac: Cannot Import Audio Command because Assertion in”/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLabs/Cfd/MacBuild/ ../MacOSCfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm”, line 559
Any help would be sincerely appreciated please
Old 11-16-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookoolkatz View Post
I just upgraded to ElCapitain on iMac and can no longer see my AudioBox 1818vsl on th elist and ProTools will no longer import audio giving the following message:
Just upgraded to El Captain on iMac and have received the following message on my iMac: Cannot Import Audio Command because Assertion in”/Volumes/Development/151228/ProTools/NewFileLabs/Cfd/MacBuild/ ../MacOSCfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm”, line 559
You may want to split this off to a separate thread and delete this message here. It will get better exposure in a separate thread. Also when you do that please give more info on your system and specifically what PT version you are using.

QAPLA!
Old 11-16-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookoolkatz View Post

Yep, that's a known bug with 11.3 and El Capitan. No way around it. You'll probably notice too, that after you get that error, your solo and record buttons no longer work.

Only options are to upgrade to PT12, or find a way to downgrade back to Yosemite.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey