Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 06-15-2013, 08:23 AM

Default Unable to load Mbox 3 Pro Driver

I am very new to Mbox / Pro tools and this forum. I did a reasonable amount of search, but could not come across any helpful information so far.
I bought Mbox 3 Pro + bundle download PT 10. I am running Win 7 x64. I connected Mbox 3 Pro. I can see Mbox Pro under my devices. However I am not able to install the driver. I downloaded Mbox Pro Driver 1.0.19,insall the program; but it is not installing the driver, though it installs the control panel.

Sys conf.
i7 Quad core, 8 GB RAM, SSD 128 GB sys drive, 1 TB HDD, Nvidia Quadro 600

Can someone help?

John
Old 06-15-2013, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Unable to load Mbox 3 Pro Driver

We need more specifics

Can you use the Mbox 3 pro with other apps like iTunes Windows Media Player?

If you can see and use the Control Panal for the Mbox chances are the drivers are already installed, but do you mean the install fails at some point or crashes?

try running the install as Administrator (Right-Click the Mbox drivers setup file, Run As Administrator)

Once the drivers are successfully installed when you first use the Mbox for Pro Tools or other apps, there is a startup process you need to do in order for your PC to see the Mbox:

Turn the Mbox on first
Boot Up your PC, once the lights stop blinking on our Mbox and you have a solid blue and green light
Turn your Speakers on (if you have any)

This is the process for using the Mbox with a Windows or Mac computer.

One more thing to do is setup the Control Panel for use with your apps and Pro Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 08:42 PM

Thanks guatamas for a very quick reply.

I will try all what you have advised today.
I am in the process of installing Mbox 3 pro driver and going to install PT then. I have no other DAW (or any of that sort) application is running on this machine.

Mbox control panel was installed but it shows the status as hardware not connected. Also, I can see Avid Mbox under device manager as a 1394 device but driver missing. When I try to install / locate driver windows is saying cannot find.

I have not installed pro tools yet. The blue & green lights on Mbox Pro are constant (I have not noticed clearly whether it has been blinking before it became constant)

Will get back with more once I try what all you suggested.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:02 AM

Hi guatamas,

I have tried the options suggested:
Try to install as Admin. Did not work.
Try playing media player no sound coming through Mbox.
I turned on MB Pro first and started the PC. Both blue & yellow lights are there(no blinking noticed)

I have not yet installed PT.

Does it ring any bell? The firewire card I bought separate (difficult to get one in Dubai now-a-days)

Regards,
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mbox Pro in Device Mgr.JPG (29.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Control Pnl.JPG (10.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonz44 View Post
Hi guatamas,

I have tried the options suggested:
Try to install as Admin. Did not work.
Try playing media player no sound coming through Mbox.
I turned on MB Pro first and started the PC. Both blue & yellow lights are there(no blinking noticed)

I have not yet installed PT.

Does it ring any bell? The firewire card I bought separate (difficult to get one in Dubai now-a-days)

Regards,
John
The FireWire card may be the issue its not seeing the mbox. I assume its a PCI card so try moving the card to a different pci slot and see if there are any drivers for your FireWire card.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:16 AM

I also guess the issue is with the firewire card. My only hope was that the device manager was showing MB pro.

I was able to install it on my laptop. I guess the card is probably old as the shop I bought had only one. I will try moving the card around but I will also look for a better card.

Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
John
Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonz44 View Post
I also guess the issue is with the firewire card. My only hope was that the device manager was showing MB pro.

I was able to install it on my laptop. I guess the card is probably old as the shop I bought had only one. I will try moving the card around but I will also look for a better card.

Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
John
Look for a Texas Instrument chip, those are supported cards qualified by Avid. I had luck with my current FW card.. but to avoid this situation again choose one with a TI chip.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM

Thanks once again guatamas. I will hunt for a TI chip FW card.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 AM

I was not successful getting TI chipset firewire card. However, I got another one - rather cheap - and luckily it is working and recognize Mbox pro.

Now I have to wait for iLok site to be up and running in order to test run pro tools.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 AM

Glad you got it working