Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-05-2000, 02:08 PM

Default Possible Digidesign Control Panel Conflicts?

I installed the Digidesign Control Panel off of my 5.0.1 disc in order to have the option to route the sound output of my Mac through my sound board.

Since I've done that (I'm running Mac OS 9.0.4, by the way), I've had freeze ups and error codes (-6011) in my Quicktime Player, and freeze ups in my RealPlayer.

Is anyone aware of any possible conflicts/solutions/available patches?

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.5.2 / PT 2023.9 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 4.1 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors
Old 10-06-2000, 07:15 AM
Avid

Default Re: Possible Digidesign Control Panel Conflicts?

-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 8.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window and name the set. Scroll down and enable the Digidesign Control Panel, DigiSystem INIT, Digidesign DSP Manager, Digidesign Direct I/O, the Open Music System Extension and restart.
-Update to the newest version of QuickTime (4.1.2) at http://www.apple.com/quicktime
-Use the Software Update Control Panel to search for updates. Download and install all of them except for the firmware update.

Brent
Old 10-06-2000, 01:09 PM

IMHO you should do a clean install.

Real Player puts so much crap in your system folder, you should avoid it if at all possible.

Ideally partition your system drive. Do an install of OS9 on each. Keep one totally clean for your ProTools setup, and then use the other for all your other installs of Real Player and other system abusive programs.

Of course if you do a partitioning of your drive, deauthorize everything first...backup all your data...initialize the drives with DriveSetup and partition the drive. Then do the installs of your software.

Remember that when you install new software it will put any system stuff into the partition that you are currently booted from.
Old 10-07-2000, 12:25 AM

Nice try...but your suggestion disabled my SCSI bus, and upon restart my Mac booted up and then promptly faded to black, went to sleep and stayed there.

I had to disable my extensions, and revert to my old set. Now it won't even let me upgrade to QT 4.1.2 without an error message and RealPlayer still freezes on occasion while streaming.

Anybody else?

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.5.2 / PT 2023.9 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 4.1 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors
Old 10-10-2000, 09:24 AM

Try trashing Sound Prefs, along with DAE prefs, PT prefs, Digisetup.

KK

------------------
KK Proffitt
www.jamsync.com
www.tnfilmlocations.com