Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Seperating songs in one session?

This might be a loaded question but i consider it to be a good one. Let's say that I have four songs recorded and I would like to have them on one session. How would a fellow go about doing that so that when he bounces to disk he has four different tracks. I understand how to run four songs in one session, I just don't know how to seperate the tracks. Let's also say that I would like to run two of the songs together with a loop and a pad. How would a guy do that with maitaining the different track numbers?

Let me know if this is confusing or clear!

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-09-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Seperating songs in one session?

You need a program like CD Architect (there are others) to do what your talking about.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Seperating songs in one session?

When you bounce, you can elect to bounce the selection you have currently highlighted. As for crossover, you need to determine if the blend is at the end of one track or the beginning of the other (usually the end), then select before that point for one, and select after that point for the other.

My question is why do you need to keep the 4 tracks all in one session? Wouldn't it be easier to track in seperate sessions? Or are you just mastering...?
-Olaf