Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-03-2004, 08:49 PM

Default My iPod and PTLE 6.2.2 isn\'t playing nice

Maybe this is just the way it is... but if I mount my iPod first using 10.2.3 (yeah, I know it's not approved yet), then try to launch PTLE, it won't launch. It says that the firewire port is in use or something like that.

But if eject my iPod then launch PT, everything will be fine. Then I mount my iPod and I'm good to go. UNTIL i go to eject the iPod... as it won't let me. It says another program is accessing the device or something like that.

It's a major pain because I'll do a test mix, send it to my iPod, then take it to the car. And every time I do so... I have to close PTLE and Reason to eject the iPod. Then come back to my Mac, and have to launch PT and Reason all over again. It's very time consuming.

I did a search, and didn't really find much useful info. I found that Digi Database somehow puts files on your iPod, however, I've yet to see them. But I'm wondering if that is part of the problem?

Perhaps it's because Digi can't tell it's software to make the difference between and iPod and a regular FW HDD. It has to see it just like any other FW HDD. Maybe that's just the "obvious". Sorry.

Anyway, don't flame me for not searching.. or knowing the magic "search words" please. Can anyone make a suggestion??

Thanks!

Jason
OWC External FW HDD
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonsheroan
Old 01-03-2004, 09:59 PM

Default Re: My iPod and PTLE 6.2.2 isn\'t playing nice

I'm using OSX 10.3.2 and LE 6.2.2 and haven't had any problems using my iPod - firing it up, ejecting it, playing it via iTunes while PT is open, and putting bounced tracks onto it. . . it's all fine. I only have one firewire port on my iBook, so I'm daisy chaining first through my firewire drive, then through the 002 control surface and then to my iPod. Not sure how you're doing it - if you're using another firewire port or something. I don't know if this is any help to you - just letting you know that I haven't had any problems w/ my setup.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:07 PM

I have two built in FW ports on my G4, and those are what I'm using.

j
OWC External FW HDD
Old 01-04-2004, 08:33 AM

Hmm. . . Have you tried coming out of the FW thru on your control surface to see if it plays nicer?
Old 01-04-2004, 10:58 AM

Keep in mind that I have an 002r, not an 002. I thought you were implying that I should plug my iPod into the extra FW port on the Digi... which does work just fine. But it does NOT work fine when the Digi is trying to run. It makes the 002r have buffer problems.

The bottom line is... Until Digi finds a way to tell the software to not access an iPod as a FW Drive, the iPod will always be 'in use" by the 002 as long as they are connected.

I'm shocked that no one else is reporting this problem.

j

OWC External FW HDD