Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Newbie w/ Artist Control, transport doesn't function

Hi all..I am a newbie with the Artist Control surface. Install went well, using w/ PT 10.2.0 HD on a intel PC. Everything seems to function as it should, except for the transport section. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to set up the surface as a HUI in the peripherals tab, but when I do, I get the "can't communicate" message in PT.Also, I had checked the ethernet connection box in the setup menu as well as the EUCON box, but went back and un-checked the ethernet box. Searched AVIDs site a bit, but can't find anything related to this issue. As stated, all other functions seem to work fine, but none of the buttons on the transport section light up when connected to a session, but they do light up during power-up. Also, the jog wheel functions seem to work as well (zoom, etc.)
I am sure this is a set-up issue, so maybe someone can help me out?
Old 09-30-2012, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Newbie w/ Artist Control, transport doesn't function

so, I went back and actually read the manual a little (oops), and discovered that PT 10 does not require that the artist control be set up as a HUI or any type of midi interface. I now have only the EUCON box checked, but same issue...everything functions but the transport section...I am hoping someone here has something I can try or misssed during set up, before I contact AVID...thanks in advance, if you do!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Newbie w/ Artist Control, transport doesn't function

Make sure you have installed the latest EuControl software BEFORE you update the firmware of the Artist Control.